cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Look: ASUS MARS III

X-ROG
Level 15
If you were lucky enough to get to the ASUS booth at Computex this year, in the ROG area you’d have find this. It’s another epic: MARS III.

Beyond the fact it’s labelled as having 8GB of GDDR5 memory and two GTX 680 GPUs, the details are not available yet. Furthermore the graphics team strongly express it’s not yet final design, but they still had one running to show off the anticipated performance. Check the pics below for a first look at this next generation beast.

51 REPLIES 51

speed
Level 12
No AMD Mars? figures

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

speed wrote:
No AMD Mars? figures

Nah, they have the Matrix I do believe with the 7970's...still to come i'm guessing

speed wrote:
No AMD Mars? figures

If AMD had a card that was better than the 690 then I suppose they would have been chosen.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Mars series are for Nvidia graphics cards. Ares series are for AMD graphics cards. And i think Ares II it's still the king because hd7970 > gtx680.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
it's awesome but judging by the connectors it will require a small nuclear reactor to power it.

Silver Wolf wrote:
it's awesome but judging by the connectors it will require a small nuclear reactor to power it.

Actually, it will require 1.21 gigawatts channeled through a flux capacitor.

I live in macau.
I want to buy this.
Where can order ??

You cant be serious, who's going to want all that fan noise. looks like it work real well cutting the grass in my front yard. Ill be more than happy to put the cash down for this in a "water cooled version" but unless that happens the EVGA 2win Gemini looks like a better and more quiet card.

Dear Asus!

I'm sitting on 1500+ USD as a starter for the upcoming ASUS MARS III to pair up with my ASUS MARS II for Quad SLI 😄

Sincerely, Bengt "WOLF" Johansson.

The WOLF is Neither People's Competitor Nor His Enemy.
The WOLF is a Fellow Creature With Whom The Earth Must Be Shared.

TWP-WOLF wrote:
Dear Asus!

I'm sitting on 1500+ USD as a starter for the upcoming ASUS MARS III to pair up with my ASUS MARS II for Quad SLI 😄

Sincerely, Bengt "WOLF" Johansson.

Sorry but you're not gonna be able to achieve Quad SLI with 2 mis-matched VGA Cards, from what I have been reading is that NVIDIA aren't so nice about mismatching their GTX cards for SLI, unlike ATI/AMD where you can do something like that.