cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast method for booting from a DVD?

GreggMack
Level 9
I am hoping that someone can let me know of a faster way to boot my Maximus VI Hero from a DVD than my current method.

(I occasionally want to boot from my Acronis True Image disk to make a back-up clone of one of my drives.)

The method that I currently use is to insert the DVD into the burner/reader (usually while in Windows), restart, hit Delete key to get into the UEFI, click on Exit, choose to go into EZ Mode, hit F8 to get me to the Boot Menu, click on the DVD burner that contains the disk.

My previous build was an X58 system made by EVGA, and it was much simpler. After the restart, instead of pressing Delete, you press Esc, which takes you right into the boot selection menu.

Is there a shortcut that I can use on this new ASUS board?
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
Just press F8 when you see the Asus logo. A small red window with a list of boot options will come up. Select the DVD burner/drive. 😉

Hey thanks for the quick reply, Chino. I will definitely give that try when I get home this evening. I would have never thought of that, as I associate F8 with booting into Windows' Safe Mode.

Thanks again!

HiVizMan
Level 40
F8 during the POST process is select boot device, once you are past that point then F8 become the safe mode key stroke.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

GreggMack
Level 9
Thanks Chino and HiVisMan... F8 does the trick, and the timing of when to hit it is accurate, too. Thanks!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Good one mate, rep Chino for his good reply please mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.