cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan speed spike.

Beermarket
Level 7
Hi all,

Thanks for spending some of your time reading this and possibly helping me :).

So i finished my gaming build recently with an i5 4690k on an Maximus VII Hero, i installed the AI Suite 3 (as recommended) and used the 5 way optimization, it ended up giving me a nice boost but also (and i wanted the most) a very silent case.

But about 1-2 days i started noticing some noise coming from the case randomly ,as far as i can tell, and thanks to the AI suite i noticed that my CPU fans were doing a very weird thing, here is a pic of my CPU_OPT graph, the other CPU fan graph is pretty similar but at different moments.

And yes, the spike "head" correspond the my fan MAX speed, what bothers me is the graph it self, it makes me thnik there is trouble but also it produce constant noise, and it's pretty irritating.

Thank for you attention.

EDIT:
Sorry for editing so soon, but i just had an idea, i tweaked slightly fan xpert and i may have solved this issue (still waiting total confirmation).
So basically i used the turbo mod and i noticed absence of spike, then i reused my profile and spike came back, i then pushed one of the "circles" a little more on the left, here is a pic.

Here is what i think is the cause, the first circle was ending right on 40C but my cpu keep going betwen 38-40 on idle (even on some games) and each time it jumped over 40 and right after got back under it i had a spike.
(I'm not sure but i just reput it on 40C and i had immediately a spike), so far so good i keep you informed.
1 REPLY 1

Beermarket
Level 7
I can now confirm that this has fixed the issue.

Anyone having similar problem may find this useful.

Happy gaming :).