cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling XMP on Maximus VIII Ranger for Corsair LPX

Rokha88
Level 8
Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to mention that english is not my native language, so I apologize if I may commit some mistakes while explaining my problem. 😉

I have bought Corsair LPX Vengeance (2X8) RAM @ 3000 Mhz and I would like to have it running at that speed, as my Mobo automatically makes it running @ 2133 Mhz.

I am a noobie in overclocking, so I tried the easiest way : Enabling the only XMP profile appearing on my BIOS.

Thus, my computer freezed, and had a black screen with no possibility but forcing the restart of my computer...Which displayed a message that the overclocking failed and had to setup my BIOS again to make it work again.

Can an experimented overclocker help me to setup my BIOS to make my ram running at the 3000 Mhz speed (if possible?), with an harmful, and step-by-step explaination, considering my computer's caracteristics ?

For better information, here are my computer's caracteristics :

Mobo: Maximus VIII Ranger
CPU : i7-7700k (I have read that this CPU limits the ram speed at 2400Mhz ? Is it correct?!)
RAM : 2X8 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000 Mhz
GPU: Asus DUAL 1070 GTX 8GB DDR5
PSU : 620w Antec - Continuous power

Thanks in advance for your help!
7 REPLIES 7

Rokha88
Level 8
Anyone ?

Chino
Level 15
Are you using the recommended slots for a two module kit? And are you using the latest BIOS? If yes to both, then try tweaking your VCCIO and VCCSA voltages.

Sorry for the late answer.

Yes, I am using the right slots, and my BIOS version is the one from september 2016 I think. I'd prefer not to mess with these as I am very unconfortable with this.

What would you suggest to do about my VCCIO and VCCSA voltages ?

Rokha88 wrote:
Sorry for the late answer.

Yes, I am using the right slots, and my BIOS version is the one from september 2016 I think. I'd prefer not to mess with these as I am very unconfortable with this.

What would you suggest to do about my VCCIO and VCCSA voltages ?

Between 1.1-1.2v for either rail should be enough for these frequencies, however, you can try up to 1.25v. Try setting Maximus Tweak Modes 1 and 2 from underneath DRAM Timing Control. Either mode may help with stability.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Rokha88 wrote:

i have the same mobo and RAM [3200MHz version of Corsair Vengeance LPX], I was experiencing similar issues with certain older BIOS versions, but the most recent version has fixed this problem along with a few others that I was experiencing. In fact if you read the version info with each BIOS update ASUS explains that there was a fix for system stability and compatibility with certain RAM. I strongly suggest to update the BIOS to the most recent version. It is very easy and quit safe to do.

The recommended method is to extract the BIOS [zip] file and rename it to "RM8.cap" and then copy it to an empty USB thumb drive. With the system shut down insert the USB stick into the BIOS Flashback port at the top of the i/o plate of the mobo. Press the BIOS Flashback button just above the USB port and wait until the flashing blue light stops flashing. That's it!

The latest version is 3703 and is found here after you choose your OS:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-RANGER/HelpDesk_Download/

Hello iam new here.
Got some "issue" with High Voltage when i enable XMP.
my spec:
i7 6700K No OC
asus maximus ranger VIII - Bios 3802-
Corsair LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 3200 Mhz (2X8GB) DDR4
MSI 1070 GAMING X 8G
M.2 Samsung pm961 256GB
RM650x 80 PLUS Gold
Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme
Said issue couse all problem is when i enable XMP in Bios and when i do this i got high voltage 1.440v .I got my rig for 1.5 years fo far no problem and 3 day ago i went into bios and see this weirs reading on RAM. I Run some test with XMP ON 3200Mhz with RealBench Aida.No problem no crashes in 1.5 years.
is it safe to continiue to to enable XMP ON with 1.440v or should i disable to 2133Mhz??
Here are 2 picture of what iam talking about if need more infos let me know please couse it is buging me. 😕
http://shrani.si/f/2Y/59/2o4Cadsa/bios-ram-2.jpg
http://shrani.si/f/O/106/2LZ7Mjja/bios-ram1.jpg

chevell65
Level 12
That's safe to run, it's less than .1v over default but you can always lower the voltage by clicking on the voltage and changing it then test for stability.