cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downclocking on Manual Overclock? Asus X99 Deluxe/5820k

fightinfilipino
Level 7
i know this is the ROG forum, but i was hoping that someone could help with my confusion, since the BIOSes for the X99 Deluxe and the ROG boards are similar.

i'm trying to reach a stable OC of 4.3ghz on a 5820k. i think I've got a good stable OC at 1.225v. i have the settings currently on manual, with all cores synced to a multiplier of 43, manual voltage at 1.225V, and Multicore Enhancement off. i've run Intel's XTU, Realbench, and IBT on a few runs, without errors.

however, the system is not downclocking when idle; the system stays at full OC speed. i'd like to now get the system to downclock. this is where i seem to be running into confusion. which items in the BIOS should i be changing to permit the system to downclock now? should i be using adaptive voltage? enabling Multicore Enhancement? enabling the C States manually? a mix of all of these?

anyone got any guidance here? thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello fightinfilipino and welcome to the ROG forum.

yeah it's a combination of things. To throttle the speed be sure speedstep is enabled, the c states are enabled and the windows power plan set to balanced.

To throttle the voltage use adaptive or offset modes.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello fightinfilipino and welcome to the ROG forum.

yeah it's a combination of things. To throttle the speed be sure speedstep is enabled, the c states are enabled and the windows power plan set to balanced.

To throttle the voltage use adaptive or offset modes.

awesome, thanks!

fightinfilipino
Level 7
oh, sorry, should i be leaving multicore enhancement off? from what i've read, it acts like a separate "overclock", which is something i don't want on a manually OC'ed system, right?

Nate152
Multicore enhancement overrides intels turbo with asus's own.

You can disable it, it will help with temps a bit.