cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Know the Best [OC] settings for my new MAXIMUS-VIII-IMPACT board ??

the_wee_man
Level 8
Ok, so lets try some settings for the sake of it, without harming the thing I mean, lol.
(MAXIMUS-VIII-IMPACT with Intel i7 6700K).

(I prefer to overclock from within the main boot up bios of the motherboard, that's where I prefer to make changes, not keen on the AiSuite although I knows its ok).

I have already had it up at 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 with various little tweaks myself but they are just very rough tweaks and dont mean
nothing to me, I just done it for the sake of it.

So if any you good people out there have a good Idea exactly what I change etc then please go ahead and tell me thanks 🙂 ?

I just want a great overclock with as low as possible temps/Volts on idle and on load too obviously, I dont want it stuck up at full speed/Voltage all the time etc as I like to let the CPU have a break when its not working hard.

So right now I have just re-set the bios and its all back to stock settings for starting fresh again, so lets see 🙂

p.s
I know overclocking any cpu is pretty much the silicone lottery, so lets try 🙂
15 REPLIES 15

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
I have a simple guide on overclocking the i7-6700K in my signature.

where mate i dont see it ?

Chino
Level 15

the_wee_man
Level 8
oh sorry, i see what you mean now mate, sorry, i wasnt sure what you meant at first.

yeah i seen you have yours at 4.6, i was hoping for peoples advice on any settings recomended to keep a nice high-ish clock with acceptable temps and voltages etc as i have been reading in this forum and a couple of others about various bios settings to whack in for better results etc but i looked in the bios and i am finding it hard to even find the options, they may be named slightly differently i dont know.

no disrespect to your 4.6 overclock, its a good clock speed, thats what i had on mines to start with and i strongly feel there is easy room for a nice 4.7 or maybe even 4.8 or 4.9 although i think 4.9 would be too much.

I am just fishing for some tips to try in the bios settings to achive my goals, i think i may have a silcone lottery winning cpu (maybe), whatver i am doing though is keeping voltages too high, it peaks sometimes over 1.424v etc , thats at 4.7 OC, and on benchmarks and stuff but still seems to be able to complete them, , its set with an +offset setting and and the 16gb ram is on xmp profile, thats about it.

oh the cpu cooler is a corsair h80i gt sealed loop rad system plus my case fans.

the_wee_man
Level 8
i cant be the only overclocker here surely ? lol, well apart from chino too.

Chino
Level 15
For the average user, the only two options you need to move is the multiplier and vcore. Other than that you can play with the LLC settings if you wish.

Chino wrote:
For the average user, the only two options you need to move is the multiplier and vcore. Other than that you can play with the LLC settings if you wish.

Yeah I seen some stuff about the LLC setting, I had a look in the bios and to be honest I couldn't find it ?

I read on here one other user had success with the LLC setting, cant remember what settings he used though and as I say I cant find the darn setting ? ;;lol

Chino
Level 15

the_wee_man
Level 8
oh, I see thank you chino :), any idea what I should try with those settings Chino or anyone else in the know please ?

Lets base it on an OC of 47 possibly 48 and we shall see how it goes from there.