cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedicated PhysX card?

Pratham
Level 10
I bought new Asus GTX680..and I installed Batman Arkham City...so obviously I was setting everything on High..But when I tried to set PhysX on High the following message appeared

Can we really use dedicated PhysX card? If yes, How? I have my old msi NGTX460

7 REPLIES 7

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You can just put the other card in a PCIe slot (whichever the MB manual lists for the second card). No need to use SLI bridge. In Nvidia control panel select the msi card for phys x. 🙂

Pratham
Level 10
Hey Thanks!
Is it that easy?..I have RE4 mobo (I guess 3rd slot is X16)..Just powering up Msi card will do right? or do i need to connect with monitor. (sorry forsilly question)

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yep it's nice and easy....no, no need to connect to anything...not the other card not a monitor...just power connections, as you say in third red slot and then..... when the display driver picks the card up .....set physX option in Nvidia control panel.

graphic
Level 11
I would think you would not have to use your msi card as an output card, so just choose it as dedicated physx in nvidia control panel,
see how it goes but two 680's in sli scale well in most games I think, hmm, even one works great, I have two 680's but sli disabled as
I'm running five screens, and have no problem playing BF3

Pratham
Level 10
Thanks Arne,graphic!! I will use it for Batman or any other games which require PhysX...Otherwise GTX680 works great for Crysis3, Tomb Raider, BF3..
One question though-- Will I experience performance loss in Non PhysX games?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nope you will be golden.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Pratham
Level 10
Hehe Ok thanks HiMan!!