cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR5 6400 gskill support on Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wi-Fi

Akumasama
Level 8

Hi, been trying to run these g.skill modules in a proper way, instead of the default 4800Mhz speed.

I tried to activate DOCP and it immediately gets the correct settings, but then if I save the system doesn't boot and I'm forced to reset the CMOS manually.

Anybody ever had experience with this specific RAM modules on this specific motherboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @Akumasama, these do not appear to be on the motherboard QVL, which means they have not been validated by ASUS.

Please note that when XMP/EXPO is enabled for the first time, the system may take 1-3 minutes to complete POST whilst memory training takes place.

Try reducing the frequency to 6000MT if the system refuses to POST.

Silent_Scone_0-1708355955030.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @Akumasama, these do not appear to be on the motherboard QVL, which means they have not been validated by ASUS.

Please note that when XMP/EXPO is enabled for the first time, the system may take 1-3 minutes to complete POST whilst memory training takes place.

Try reducing the frequency to 6000MT if the system refuses to POST.

Silent_Scone_0-1708355955030.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Akumasama
Level 8

Out of my ignorance I assumed XMP and EXPO were guidelines but that most of the time either profile would've worked on either motherboard. It's not like that I guess.
Swapped to a couple of EXPO g.skill modules and everything works like a charm now! 😉