Level 7
Hi,

I have recently bought a new PC, specs are as follows:
i7-4770k
Asus Maximus Gene VI
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
H80i Cooler
MSI GTX780 Twin Frozr

I am a complete NOOB to OC'ing, but looking around in the ROG bios i came accross the "Gamers OC Profile" i loaded the profile which set my CPU to 4.2-4.7 from standard 3.5-3.9.
Problem is, my pc crashes to blue screen ?, The temps that i could see looked fine.
So my question is......should my pc be able to run this preset profile ? without tweaking ? seems strange that it is there otherwise.
7 REPLIES 7

kkn
Level 14
can be that the CPU dont get enough volts.
whats the BSOd code?
and list complete system specs

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would strongly suggest that you set your OC yourself. For a couple of reasons.

First, it is fun to do. And you will learn about your hardware and your system.

Second, each CPU and each system is unique. The pre-sets can not cover all hardware types or options. It just maybe that your set up is one of those hardware configurations that is not covered by this preset.

Here is what I would do.

F5 to reset to defaults.

XMP profile as your mode of OC

Sync all cores and set 42x as your multi

In Digi + set LLC to medium.

Now navigate down to your voltage and set manual mode of now.

Set voltage to 1.300

You will need to type that in.

F10 and save. Oh if you are running a RAID remember to set RAID for SATA mode.

Now does your system post to OS? Does your system play your games, and what are the temps?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

These are results of stress test, System is currently running at 4221mhz, 100.5x42 as set by the 4 way optimization button on AI Suite.

System Specs-
BitFenix Prodigy M Case
Aerocool Touch 1000 Fan Controller
Maximus Gene VI Mobo
i7-4770k
16gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1600mhz
Corsair H80i Cooler
Corsair TX750 PSU
OCZ Vertex 240gb SSD
1TB Seagate Barracuda 64mb 7200rpm HDD
Win 7 Proffesional
Qpad MK85 Mechanical Keyboard - Love This 🙂

BuleTTspongE
Level 7
currently running at 4422mhz 100.5 frequency, this is result of stress test.
Have i got much scope for more ?? and if so, what should i do next ? 🙂

BuleTTspongE
Level 7
also what is the significance of the Frequency setting ? i ask this because i updated my mobo bios last night (1301 latest version) and then ran the 4 way optimization, it used to set it x42 and 100.5 frequency which made my ram run at about1607mhz.
But after updateing bios it set multiplier to x42 frequency at 100 which left my ram at just below 1600mhz ? and also produced lower benchmark results.
I increased the frequency to 100.5 and multiplier to x44 and ran Stress/Benchmark test. Gained 250 points on previous 4222mhz test and temps maxed at 70 after playing BF4 for a few hours after.
I have not adjusted any voltages and its max was 1.280 (whixch is still less than the 1.3 you asked me to try, so is this all ok ??

Thanks for your help guys 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
The set of values I posted were and are a starting point, they are a foundation from which to work. I would still suggest using them over any built in tuning.

Your temps look good and your voltages look very good, so you seem to have a good CPU. That means that with fine tuning you would be able to lower your voltages some.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

BuleTTspongE
Level 7
what increments should i try reducing voltages ? and why does the frequency make the ram timings different ? and how high can we take the frequency ?