cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU voltage of 1.015 on Asus Maximus V Extreme

billyray520
Level 10
I'm still trying to figure out if my onboard Intel 82579V lan can be salvaged. I am wondering if my CPU voltage can have any effect on the onboard Lan? I am not really overclocking, but I have the CPU voltage manually set to 1.015v. Otherwise I have the XMP memory profile @ 1600 Mhz, and really nothing else. I have turbo set to auto. So my system runs @ 3.9 Ghz in turbo but settles down to 1.6 ghz under normal circs. It has always been rock solid, but the onboard Lan seems to have been gradually deteriorating for the last month or two. I just updated my BIOS to ver 1903 the last one issued. But no difference, after resetting the CMOS like it was in my previous BIOS.

I've already ordered a new pcie lan card, but I hate to think the onboard one has burned out already. 😞

Update: Installed the new Intel CT PCIe Gigabit ethernet card and everything is functioning perfectly again. I still would like to know how the onboard Intel 82579V gigabit ethernet goes bad. I wonder if there's a crystal oscillator or something that degrades. Whatever. I don't really blame Asus.

I've noticed since this happened to me (on a two yr. old motherboard) that MANY people seem to be let down by their onboard ethernet. No one seems to have answers though. :confused: Luckily Asus provided a wireless connection as well as part of this motherboard's accessories, so I was never "offline." 😉
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7
1 REPLY 1

billyray520
Level 10
Update: I think the problem may have been with the Motorola Surfboard cable modem. Time Warner Cable has been updating the software in it lately. Now they have returned it to the original look and so I tried the onboard ethernet again, and it is currently functioning as well as it originally did. :rolleyes: Meanwhile I have the PCIe Intel CT gigabit card installed, but disabled right now. So IF the onboard ethernet starts acting up again, it will be a simple matter to switch over. It would be nice if the onboard ethernet never had a problem though. :confused:
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7