cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU fan speed of Laptop

Dimitri_Devil_M
Level 7
I have a Asus ROG Strix GL531 laptop. I'm really confused with the fan speed control setting that is provided. If I use the Performance or Turbo fan speed options the speed of the fan is increasing but it is making the CPU hotter like over 90 C on gaming. But If I run them in the Silent fan speed option the CPU temp remains within 72 C. Please help me under stand what is the main problem here. Is it normal or I need to contact service center.
1 REPLY 1

KeeferTech
Level 7
Dimitri_Devil_Man wrote:
I have a Asus ROG Strix GL531 laptop. I'm really confused with the fan speed control setting that is provided. If I use the Performance or Turbo fan speed options the speed of the fan is increasing but it is making the CPU hotter like over 90 C on gaming. But If I run them in the Silent fan speed option the CPU temp remains within 72 C. Please help me under stand what is the main problem here. Is it normal or I need to contact service center.

Basically, when you run the fans in "turbo" mode or "performance" mode it actually overclocks the laptop which makes the temps go up as well as the fan speeds. If you try to game on the "Silent" setting, you might have bad gaming performance because this mode doesn't allow the chips to clock up so it stays quiet. I usually stay on the balanced mode in the laptop power options and everything stays cool and still keeps a good clock speed.