cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling cpu volt

Psycrow
Level 11
I just build my new pc and i use to set manual volt on my systems, but i forgot how to do it.
Since there is all new bios for hero xiii since i last had a pc.

I got this Intel Core i9-11900K that i use with turbo mode.
But i want to set the volt to a manual value, so i can lower the heat a bit for tweaking.

Where in the bios do i change the volt for the cpu only.
I can only see Volt for ram and some strange cpu option names that im unsure of.

I used prime95 and my cpu went to 5100 mhz using 1.305 volt. So i want to set the cpu for a given volt around that amount.
Can anyone help me with that ?
4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
I think you have to enable XMP first then you will see the multiplier and manual Vcore settings on the same page.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

From the AI Overclock Tuner menu select either XMP or Manual depending on your preference, then scroll down to see CPU/Cache Voltage, set this to manual and apply the desired value.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Psycrow
Level 11
allright im gona try find it..my xmp is set to xmp 2
I just had a hard time to find the exactly volt option since they are named with something vccdr cpu volt or something 😄 then there is the adaptive and what not.

I just want to try out 1,305 volt. or how do i exactly know how much to set it ?

Psycrow
Level 11
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nnr6vapi66gvlo9/20211011_193725.jpg?dl=0

Here is the picture of bios.
I tryed to to set the volt to 1.305 and 1.270 but then windows 10 crashed and rebooted with BSOD..what did i do wrong ? to much or less volt ?