cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming with Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz

olitur
Level 7
hello,

Could somebody to help me to configure my BIOS ?

I have :
- ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
- AMD ryzen 5 3600X
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 X 16GB) DDR4 3600Mhz (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V, ref CMK32GX4M2D3600C18

if i let default parameter, i have my memory at 2133Mhz.
I can boot if i put my memory with 1,35V, DRAM CAS Latency 18, DRAM RAS to CAS Read Delay 22, Frequency at 3200Mhz, BCLK Freq at 100Mhz, Cpu core ratio 36

but if i use DOCP DDR4-3600 18-22-22-42 or Frequency at 3600Mhz, it does not boot.

How can i configure my BIOS to use memory at 3600Mhz ?

Regards.
7 REPLIES 7

HisEvilness
Level 7
One way of finding out timings is setting them to auto and then setting the DRAM voltage and the clock speed to your desire if it will even boot at all you will have it with very lose timings then tighten the timings manually. Also, make sure to adjust the VCCIO and System Agents voltages.

HisEvilness wrote:
One way of finding out timings is setting them to auto and then setting the DRAM voltage and the clock speed to your desire if it will even boot at all you will have it with very lose timings then tighten the timings manually. Also, make sure to adjust the VCCIO and System Agents voltages.

hello,
Thanks for your reply, but if i try to use default timing, nothing boot.
It only work at 3200Mhz. If i try at 3600Mhz, i have never find parameters : no boot each time.
I use 1,35V for DRAM. How max can i put to vccio and system agents voltage ?
Regards.

I got the same motherboard and ram as you and had the same problems until i found out in the owner manual that you have to use slot 2 and 4 - NOT 1 and 3 for your ram. Once I changed the location the DOCP and PBO worked great. It's been solid for over 2 months now. I'm running tighter timings too - 16, 19, 16, 36, 58, 1T.
I hope this helps!

Bazzie wrote:
I got the same motherboard and ram as you and had the same problems until i found out in the owner manual that you have to use slot 2 and 4 - NOT 1 and 3 for your ram. Once I changed the location the DOCP and PBO worked great. It's been solid for over 2 months now. I'm running tighter timings too - 16, 19, 16, 36, 58, 1T.
I hope this helps!

I have my memory into A1 and B1. Do you said i should put my memory into A2 and B2 (from asus user manual) ?

olitur wrote:
I have my memory into A1 and B1. Do you said i should put my memory into A2 and B2 (from asus user manual) ?

PRECISELY!
In the past I always used slot 1 and 3 (B1, A1) with no problems. Not so in this case.

Bazzie wrote:
PRECISELY!
In the past I always used slot 1 and 3 (B1, A1) with no problems. Not so in this case.

hello,

Thanks !!! it works perfectly now ! so i confirm, we must use B1 and B2. So stange...
Support team said me it could not work. But you have right.

Regards

Okay. Let's try one more time. Glad it works for you now but use A2 and B2. These are the number 2 and 4 slots counting from the CPU