cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging Port Loose / Not Keeping Connection

xbi0s
Level 7
Hey All -

I picked up my G46VW on December 30th and have been very happy with it's performance and portability.

About a week/two weeks ago, I noticed my battery was not charging when plugged in. I checked the cable and block and saw that it was carrying power. I then went to plug it back into my laptop and saw the charging light kick on then back off.

Now, I need to have the cable placed "just right" in the charging port and sometimes move it around to get the charging connection. I have been trying to put it off -- as I do not want to go without my laptop -- but am thinking I need to RMA this unit?

Just looking for thoughts... Then the RMA process for Asus...

:mad:
11 REPLIES 11

Edgeman
Level 7
I had this problem with my G73S which gradually got worse until it wouldn't charge. Asus replaced the motherboard under warranty - took about 3 weeks - I returned it from the store where I purchased it.
ASUS G73SW revision2.
Issues: Graphics failed out of the box (replacement laptop), CPU/GPU throttled (ThrottleStop), ATK driver unstable (reinstall), power socket failed (new mobo warranty repair), Graphics card problem (thermal paste replaced), HDD controller failed (warranty replacement), HDMI output failed ... What next??? Not impressed!!

edgetas.com

Same probly with my G74SX. would really appreciate any advice, its annoying as hell

Keta
Level 7
I am having sort of the same problem with my G75VX, except when I plug my adapter in it won't even flicker a charge light, so I'm assuming there isn't any power in the cord/ brick. I have another adapter that is "compatible," with the computer but it's a little bit lower amperage and when I plug it in it charges, not well however. I was wondering if anyone knew of any suitable replacements for the FA180PM111 Asus brick, as going through all the stuff to make the Dell one work seems annoying.

Retired
Not applicable
Having this same problem for the second time i already sent it once for the same issue connector gets really hot and doesnt charge

Retired
Not applicable
had to create an account just for this its horrible idk if its because it gets too hot

Just made this account for the same issue. I don't want to have to send it in again under warranty through Geek Squad. They said it will take up to 15 days, which I can't really do right now. I contacted a reliable friend who could do it for me but we can't find the part I need ANYWHERE. I have the G46VW and it seems like that's the only one I can't find an AC port for online. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to the rest of you as well.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
arcticfox0992 wrote:
Just made this account for the same issue. I don't want to have to send it in again under warranty through Geek Squad. They said it will take up to 15 days, which I can't really do right now. I contacted a reliable friend who could do it for me but we can't find the part I need ANYWHERE. I have the G46VW and it seems like that's the only one I can't find an AC port for online. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to the rest of you as well.

@arcticfox0992, unfortunately, ASUS don't provide or sell DC jacks right now as far as I can tell (in case anything goes wrong on the customer's side trying to replace it?), so you may want to keep checking for more ideas and try posting in the G75, G55 & G46 Series Notebooks section too.
Good luck and sorry I'm not able to give you more help with this!

Okay, thank you for your response.

Shawnnepc
Level 13
PM CL-Albert on the forums
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com