cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SOC Voltage

TheDude23112
Level 8
How to change SOC Voltage on an ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII????
14 REPLIES 14

RedSector73
Level 12
I actually asked about your thoughts on excessive SOC Values and what that even means.

I wonder if at the bottom which tell me usable ranges for the voltage I'm setting is all for fun and I wonder if the white, yellow and red colour scheme in BIOS for when I set voltages might be a rough guide to excessive or is that all just eye candy ?

I wanted to know what you thought excessive means in SOC values since you didn't say and still have not.

RedSector73 wrote:
I actually asked about your thoughts on excessive SOC Values and what that even means.

I wonder if at the bottom which tell me usable ranges for the voltage I'm setting is all for fun and I wonder if the white, yellow and red colour scheme in BIOS for when I set voltages might be a rough guide to excessive or is that all just eye candy ?

I wanted to know what you thought excessive means in SOC values since you didn't say and still have not.
Is this a demand?

Hmm Not sure exactly what your fishing for RedSector?:confused:

All I know is I diminished a CPU by trying exactly what we're talking about, by raising SOC to 1.32v to try and get stability and although it worked for a while my Overclock would suddenly no longer reach the Target frequency. I set Bios back to default and found I could no longer achieve what Overclock I had before. I tried a previous save profile and again no luck. Hence my warning!!
BTW: The IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) is what was effected here.

I tried to research for AMD's max voltage recommendation to no avail and yes i don't think the colour scheme is just for eye candy.

Hope this helps clarify your confusion 🙂
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
CPU by trying exactly what we're talking about, by raising SOC to 1.32v to try and get stability and although it worked for a while my Overclock would suddenly no longer reach the Target frequency. I set Bios back to default and found I could no longer achieve what Overclock I had before. I tried a previous save profile and again no luck. Hence my warning!!

No was asking to understand your point specifically, don't take as me picking a fight with you, just wanted to understand where you are coming from and what you seen as excessive without the other stuff.

What CPU was that?

RedSector73 wrote:
No was asking to understand your point specifically, don't take as me picking a fight with you, just wanted to understand where you are coming from and what you seen as excessive without the other stuff.

What CPU was that?

Well I hope you understand now and without what other stuff? LOL.

It was my original 1800X and I was chasing a Max Overclock.

And yes I misunderstood you LOL, You fight you loose :mad:
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
MeanMachine wrote:
Please refer to post #6 and thank you for your answer (not) to my query re "FACT that AMD have set a ceiling of no more than 1.15v SOC"

Hello,

If you happen to have access to enough CPU samples to conclude 1.25v is safe for SOC then feel free to continue on that adventure. AMD doesn't offer it's own guidance, however this much voltage should not be necessary.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090