cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use msi afterburner instead of asus tweak II on asus strix 1080 ti?

zaikoni
Level 8
Hello all,

I would love to use asus tweak II only but it doesnt have hardware monitoring on screen when playing games so is it possible to unistall asus tweak II and just use msi afterburner for everythink overclocking etc? Does the asus tweak give any special features for my asus strix 1080 ti ? Like does the asus tweak give some short of cooling handling or somethink or will the fans etc handle the same with only msi afterburner installed?
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
It's possible to configure Rivatuner without installing AfterBurner. You can also call in monitoring from third party apps such as AIDA64 on the overlay.

Both tools, however, are in large part the same. But GPU Tweak gives you access to the fan profiles on the Strix, and the various OC modes.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
It's possible to configure Rivatuner without installing AfterBurner. You can also call in monitoring from third party apps such as AIDA64 on the overlay.

Both tools, however, are in large part the same. But GPU Tweak gives you access to the fan profiles on the Strix, and the various OC modes.

Hey man thx for the reply! So how does it exactly work " configure rivatuner without installing msi afterburner"? If i dont have msi afterburner i cant configure the monitoring thinks? Like if i wanna add for example cpu temp monitorin on screen doesnt the rivatuner have those settings? It would be really cool to have it like this so i can have both msi afterburner for monitoring and asus tweak for oc.

Silent Scone wrote:

Thx for the reply! So the Aida is basically replacing msi afterburner and is working together with rivatuner? Also would the hwINFO64 work same way with riva tuner?

zaikoni wrote:
Thx for the reply! So the Aida is basically replacing msi afterburner and is working together with rivatuner? Also would the hwINFO64 work same way with riva tuner?

Yes, Hwinfo is supported.

https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Support-of-RTSS-Displaying-HWiNFO32-sensor-values-in-Games
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090