cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadwell-E expirienced overclocking help needed

wonderin
Level 8
hey pro overlockers, noob needs some advices here.

Recently I've decided to push my 6850k a bit further (within the common sense).

For 2 years it's been running @4000 mhz all cores via XMP profile for my 3000mhz ram (with 3125 cache). Xmp changes the blck to 125 (as far as I know, broadwell-E are stable with high frequency RAM at 125 bclk) and vcore to 1.222.
I've tried to push it a bit to 4.250, setting 1.282 value to vcore manually, seems stable. mobo is strix x99, temperatures are sitting <60c after 30 mins realbench stress test (with nzxt kraken x62).

I'm wondering, should I also change other settings like vcore offset agent etc., should I overlock cache?
And, in general, should I push frequency further regarding I'm mostly playing competetive games and working with Adobe software (AE, PS, IL)?

Just trying to understand my cpu/system better. like a good parent :)*
51 REPLIES 51

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
There are points on the board for accurate readings if you have a multi-meter...but software is usually adequate...it's not a million miles from the truth...as long as you only use one program for monitoring at a time....

I've reached the author of HWinfo64 and he sad that readings I see for Vcore in bios/aisuite are actually VID. Also i've found info about specific 6-core cpu related issue with msi x99 boards. That's kinda weird 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I used CPUz on X99 it served me well...whatever it was reading...