cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Descriptions

esarhaddon
Level 7
I would LOVE to see just a break down of the various BIOS settings, Possibly a short description! ASUS is pretty good about having discussions and many of the features in the BIOS but there are always new features that I am curious about. When A programmer creates a new feature in the BIOS it should be quite eaasy to write a sentence or two about it or where to look for information.
7 REPLIES 7

davemon50
Level 11
I had the same question myself at some point....

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107416-Question-on-BIOS-versions&highlight=bios
Davemon50

Me too, my motherboard user manual does not mention anything about the “CPU overclocking temperature control” BIOS setting, but I did find it on the internet.

Yep! ASUS motherboard user manual Chapter 3 is getting smaller and vague. Sometimes I down load previous/older motherboard user manuals to find a more detailed BIOS explanation for a BIOS setting that is not even in my current motherboard user manual, but are in the BIOS settings. Sometimes searching the internet for a specific BIOS setting explanation helped me too, but ASUS should include a BIOS setting description if it is in the BIOS when the motherboard is released.

davemon50 wrote:
I had the same question myself at some point.... https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=bios

Good information, I'm going to keep an eye on you that I have a few doubts about my new computer and the devilish bios and I don't want to make a mistake and break the computer, which has cost me a lot of money ...

Carlyle2020
Level 10
Imagine there is war.
Not the aggressor kind mind you.

The defending yours and yourself kind.

In every war rules are put into place to minimize losses.

Some rules are decades old.
Some rules just days.

ALL rules put together have kept your losses smaller than the losses your agressors took.

...Now looking at each and every rule individually one might challenge the importance of one rule over the other after some time.

Life changes! So ... shouldn't rules as well?

That IS a nice sentiment if there weren't human beings involved.

So, changing rules IS a tricky and a very dangerous thing!

Having you readers at this viewing angle i also want to address the one with the burden AND opportunity to change rules:

I am happy not to be in your shoes dear Sir or Madame. Good luck!
I hope this thread will give you the inspiration to take time and to overthink some rules.

Best Regards
Carlyle (who may or may not have read the Hagakure)

ps Y'all know this person can also put new rules into place ?! :rolleyes:

So, let's be mindful to each other's burden before we hit "send".

XYchromosone
Level 10
some motherboards have a BIOS user manual downloadable at the asus driver/user manual support website. I posted a link to one download a while ago, but I can not recall which post it was.

Update: I found the post with a link to the pdf BIOS user guide for a Maximus XI Hero, which should be applicable to many 9th gen z390 ASUS ROG mobos:

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/C1spIFYcHzS.pdf

I see now that ASUS now has a minimal PDF on the BIOS settings but it still lacks things like 'In order to change 'XXX' setting you must first tic such and such before access is permitted to 'XXX'.

I am terribly disappointed in ASUS Customer Service. but what can you expect for untrained people that have to have a computer prompt them on what questions to ask? I used to work at an international electronics store and we had to know everything in our heads and had to be able to answer the tough questions. I will NEVER get used to this. Now I am sure some overeducated cs person will tell me what words I have Misspelled.

I will never purchase another ASUS product if my life depends on it. They can['t answer a direct question and the color of the sky or the price of eggs in London on a Monday afternoon. and they refuse to help me at CS.