cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B550-F DOCP/XMP Profile problem. Can't tune RAM's to 3600Mhz

felixmusic
Level 8
Hi i get my b550-f 3 weeks ago. at first moment i updates bios directly than tuned rams to 3600 with prepared docp profile#1 but it didnt even boost after that
I was waiting for next BIOS update but they released it this week and it is still not working. Now i am choosing profile and then manually decrease mhz to 3200 now it works but still not full stabilized.

I changed slots, I used DRAM Calculator and tried different voltage settings, I tried rams in another system they tuned and worked welly.

Cause of this problem i can't use my 3600Mhz rams with full performance. I only able to tune it to 3200Mhz and still sometimes it is restarting. Hope they will fix this issue soon details about ram is below.

Full System Ops

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F 4600MHz (OC) (Wi-Fi)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Kingston A2000 500GB SSD
High Power 80+ 700W PSU
ASUS PHX RX550 Evo 2G (OC)
Corsair 2x8GB Vengeance RGB Pro 3600MHz CL18 CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18
14 REPLIES 14

felixmusic
Level 8
Where is ASUS Support?

Hey Felix,

I'm having similar problems with my system at the moment...

Ryzen 5 3600
Asus ROG Strix B550-F gaming WiFi
Corsair LPX 3200Mhz DDR4 (part number and version are listed on the board QVL)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super FE
Corsair RM650x PSU

The exact CPU used in this build were working fine together on my old strix b350 board but now if I enable XMP/DOCP its as if the system boots too fast (like it skips the ram check or something) and becomes unstable, either crashing out when gaming and/or locking up at boot or restarting. I know the ram and CPU are fine and when running the ram at stock speed (2666mhz) the system appears stable.

There are posts from others too with similar issues and with different makes/models of ram. I think it's a BIOS issue but I haven't managed to get a straight answer from Asus yet. The best advice I can give is that you raise a support request with Asus directly so they're at least aware of the issue some people are having.
If I find any fix or manage to improve things with my system I'll post an update here.

How are things with your system now?

After last beta BIOS update i am only able to use my rams maximum at 3200 Mhz. I choose profile #1 DOCP from easy mode on BIOS then go to Advanced mode>AI Tweaker>DRAM Speed. Since Profile sets 3600Mhz i changed it to 3200 and didnt touch any other settings. For now it is stable after 30min stability test with AIDA64.

Looks like you're having better luck than me! The Asus customer service rep told me to reset the cmos and set change some power settings...
Erp from disabled to 'enabled s4 & S5'
Restore AC power to 'last state'
Not sure why these settings would improve thi gs and the Asus rep wouldn't tell me so we'll see. I'm in the process of testing now.

Can I ask, when your system boots and the qleds (for ram, cpu, gpu etc) go through their sequence, is it really quick? Especially for the orange dram led? For mine it's less than a second

Hey Felix,

Just a quick update from me. The system is still unstable it seems, Asus support has been horrendous and as I'm running out of time to return the board I've decided to return it and buy something from another manufacturer.

Best of luck with your system mate, I hope you have a better experience than I have!

For what's it's worth, i have no problem hitting full potential with my 3200mhz patriot ram in any bios, never had a problem with the dhcp activated with the same board.

DOCP i meant.

Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz 16GB Kit
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ROG STRIX B550-F
Patriot Viper VPN100 M.2
Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe
Cooler Master RR-212S-20PC-R1 Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Air Cooler
Corsair RM750
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

SuperRichioROG wrote:
Hey Felix,

Just a quick update from me. The system is still unstable it seems, Asus support has been horrendous and as I'm running out of time to return the board I've decided to return it and buy something from another manufacturer.

Best of luck with your system mate, I hope you have a better experience than I have!

I believe ASUS Support is working on it they are releasing new BIOS beta update everyweek since last month. with 1212 ver i was able to boost to 3200 Mhz.

I had issue with my external soundcard they send me new driver next day and it is workıing fine now. I believe they will solve it.

Hi Felix,
I have the same ram as you (CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18), and I was having issues when setting the speed manually to 3600, and the other settings to Auto. After switching to DOCP mode, the system correctly loaded the profile for the RAM and it has been stable for several days now. (I was getting BSOD reboots with IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors.)

Here is my setup:
ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming non-wifi version
BIOS version 1202 (latest that is not listed as a beta)
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8) part number CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18
Ryzen 7 2700x CPU
FSP Hydro 650 80+ Platinum PSU
ROG STRIX 1660-S GPU