cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z87 Deluxe - Windows 8.1 Fastboot not working

Richard_MÃ_hli
Level 7
Hello Guys,

Since 2013 I have to fight with the fastboot on Windows 8.1 with the Asus Z87-Deluxe. I have done so many things, like update the bios, change my hardware configuration, many drivers (Intel Chipset, MEI, RST) and other things. Now i found out, that the AMDA00 Interface Driver (Asus Probe Sense II) not really working. Following situation:

When the AMDA00 Driver is loading successfull, then fastboot is woring and the PC is starting really fast.

When the AMDA00 Driver does not load successfull, I get an error in the Event-Viewer (("The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2." (Kernel-PNP event ID 219) is shown at the event viewer!)

The solution for the Windows 8.1 Fastboot is, that Asus have to update the AMDA00 driver! Then fastboot will working really good.

Btw i have tested another motherboard form ASRock and Gigabyte with the same hardware below, and there fastboot is working everytime. So the problem is motherboard related.

If you look in this forum (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43206-Z87-Windows-8.1-Fast-Startup-and-Hibernation-work-spo..., you see many other have this problem to!

This is my system:

ASUS Z87-Deluxe || Intel i7 4770K (@4,5Ghz @1,2V (delidded @CLU ~55°C) || Kühler (H2O): Corsair H110 @push/Pull || Asus GTX780-DC2OC @1200/3300 || Corsair DIMM 16 GB DDR3-1600 || BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 10 550W || Samsung 840 EVO 250GB || Phanteks Enthoo Primo Big Tower || Windows 8.1 Pro
1 REPLY 1

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Creating multiple threads and/or posting in multiple threads regarding this will not bring about a solution to this issue you are experiencing. I realize there are a handful of users posting here about this same problem but for the majority of users, including myself, there are no issues with Windows Fast Boot and the AMDA00 driver. Please contact ASUS local support for your location for one-on-one support to resolve this. Thank you. Thread closed.