Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS X99-E WS Revealed

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
15 REPLIES 15

Heini
Level 11
"The MSRP of the board is $519 US which is high but considering this is a workstation board, it is expected."...... OUCH!!! Guess I'll be content with the Z97-WS for a few years.

abvolt
Level 11
I think the x99 gear is going to be spendy, But I also know I'll be getting one my self.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That is a really nice board!Honestly that and the Deluxe are so nice design wise the RVE looks a bit like it comes off as the ugly sister...I can't believe I just said that...But there it is

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
That is a really nice board!Honestly that and the Deluxe are so nice design wise the RVE looks a bit like it comes off as the ugly sister...I can't believe I just said that...But there it is

I bit my lip so hard on this one, I need stitches !!!
... but which one is the OCmaniac .. can't get enough --

chrsplmr wrote:
I bit my lip so hard on this one, I need stitches !!!

LOL chrs...I know...I did the same when I thought it...don't get me wrong it's fabulous...

In fact it's growing on me

Reminds me of this

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
I am looking forward to trying to get my hands on the WS board plus a Xeon and get my Design Build up off the ground....thinking I might have to sell off a bunch of my hardware to get it though, will have to see what happens in the next few months.

BTW I looooove the look of it, i'm happy that the design didn't go with gold, not that I would have minded, but I reeeeeeeally love the colors on this board 😄 :cool:

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Myk..do it...real nice board...and old tech just hangs around and depreciates...in monetary terms....of course it may appreciate in emotional terms...which is why I have so much old tech hanging around....:-)

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Myk..do it...real nice board...and old tech just hangs around and depreciates...in monetary terms....of course it may appreciate in emotional terms...which is why I have so much old tech hanging around....:-)

Heh yeah only problem is, I bought myself an RIIIE and an i7 930 to learn 1366 OCing and I recently got myself a triple channel kit of G.Skill Pi RAM(3x2GB) - brand new to go with it and I haven't had extra hardware to get it going 😞 lol