cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus usb bios flashback

fabiovtec
Level 9
Hi. I have a question about the bios of asus boards.
If i brick the bios trying to update the bios in ez flash 2 its possible to restore the original bios with the asus usb bios flashback?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes.

And as long as you use EZFlash2 from the tools menu in BIOS you will have near zero likelihood of bricking your BIOS 🙂 OS bios flashing is the killer.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

fabiovtec
Level 9
Thanks for the reply. I have a asus m5a97 evo r2.0 and never updated a uefi bios.
I downloaded the new bios... its necessary to rename the file or simple put in the pen drive fat 32?
Bios name: M5A97-EVO-R20-ASUS-1302.cap

Sory for the bad english

HiVizMan
Level 40
May I suggest that you read the CAP guide = the link is in my thread.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi.
I dont need to convert rom to cap because my board have already installed a cap bios, and all bios for my board are all cap because this board is a new revision "r2.0".

My only question is: i need to rename the cap file or just download and extract in the pen drive?

thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah now I understand, just download the cap bios and put in the pen drive 🙂

fabiovtec
Level 9
flashed my bios and worked 100% in ez flash 2.
Thank god....

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good and thank you for the feed back. Thread closed.