Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus strix 980 possible issue and need to rma please help

ChristWarrior31
Level 7
Hello Everyone.

Good Day,

I am a huge fan of ASUS ROG line. I have a maximus IV Extreme, ASUS STRIX 980 and ASUS Note Book. I recently purchased the ASUS STRIX 980 to retire my EVGA 580. I have setup the ASUS STRIX 980 back in April. I am watercooled and have the EK 980 Strix clear water block and no backplate at the moment ( Waiting for missing screws to come in from EK). I have an overload tempest x270 oc monitor OC to 110hz. Now everything was running great fro 2 months. In the last week I have been seing artifacts on the desktop, I would move windows around and it would pick up my background image into my open folder windows. I can see discolration in the windows as pixels of a shade of pinkish white with blue. When I open up websites with white backrounds it comes out with a pinkish hue. I now notice at the windows log in screen there is as if rings are expanding all of the screen. My google chrome icon has a black backdrop. Also when I select the start menu a black background appears. I also have video lag while browsing sites and minimizing. In safe mode it does not do this. I have also desibled my Strix 980 in the device manager and went back to using my onboard Intel Drivers and the symptoms stop. It seems as if only when I use the strix 980 card these symptoms develop and continue. I have not changed the montior or DVI Cable as it seems odd that in safemode it is not doing it or when i disable the strix 980 and use the intel drivers in administrator. I thought it was drivers as well and did a clean wipe of the drivers put older drivers and new. The systems are still present.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Is it time to RMA? Thank you for your help:D:)
5 REPLIES 5

InfernoStorm
Level 10
I don't think you mentioned if the issue still occurs if you remove the OC and put the card back to stock speeds. When the card is displaying artifacts, it's never a good thing. Only thing you can do is probably RMA for a new card.

InfernoStorm thank you for your reply. I will look into the RMA, thanks.

I have actually put the monitor back to stock speeds 60hz and the ASUS STRIX 980 had not been over clocked yet so it was stock

HI Chino good idea. I will borrow another monitor and DVI cable and test tomorrow. This way I can rule out the monitor or DVI cable issues. Thanks