cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Crosshair Viii Impact Bios Help

AIRic
Level 7
Hello! I just built my new system the other day and I do understand that most would say that a 120mm AIO isn't good enough for a Ryzen 9 5900x.
I believe it is. My situation is that with Ryzen Master I can lock all of my cores to 4.3ghz at 1.1v and it's stable and temps never really exceed 60c (unless doing stress tests but realistically for what I do it'd never go beyond 65c)

When I go to the bios I believe my system is thermally throttling because the voltage is always 1.4v+ and that when the temps reach 60c+ my system shuts down in a sense, The screen goes black after the bios freezes and all of my LED's are still on but I can't do or see anything until I restart the system.
so with that being said it's generally a race against time to mess with settings in the bios but even when I go to the bios I'm generally a little confused
since Ryzen master is a little easier to use. But I would personally love to be able to set it in my bios that I can have my cpu locked in at 1.1v with all cores to 4.3ghz.

My specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
MB: Asus Rog Crosshair Viii impact
CPU Cooler: Asus Ryou 120mm AIO
GPU: Asus Rog Strix 2080ti OC
Ram: 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600mhz
20 REPLIES 20

RedSector73 wrote:
I don't use corsair ram with Ryzen, got burnt with 1800x at the start and moved to other vendors, but until this they were go too brand with Intel. Nothing bad to say about G.skill with Intel & Ryzen. The RAM your looking should be good choice ~imo.

Just a quick update, I went with F4-3200C14D-32GTZN ram and I'm still getting the 0d code. first 3 times it took about 4-5 minutes each of just sitting in the bios to get them. I got a 00 code twice and had to actually unplug my power cable as the cmos button and reset button didn't work. then I did eventually get a 4d code.

I'm guessing I'll have to start the process of trying to see if AMD will replace the CPU and if it's not the CPU then I guess I'll try on the motherboard next. But AMD will do the RMA considering I bought it off ebay right? As I said before I bought it new.