cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME doesn't boot.

Selkis
Level 7
So as the title explains. I'm having this MB for a month now. All things went well until last week it wouldn't boot anymore.
However the standby LEDs (like the fading ROG logo, START, RESET, BIOS and LAN on the motherboard, as well as the LED of the Gfxcard) are lit-up.
Plugged the mainpower a few times out and back in while pushing the START button, and boom system powers up.

A few days later, same things happens.
And now this happens every day and it takes me longer every single time to do so. I tried figuring out the problem myself, thinking I made a shortcircuit or something somehwere but nope.
Now I'm at the point it won't boot anymore at all, even after a 100 tries.

I don't think it's the PSU (Corsair 1000W) as the standby leds happily do their job.

Other symptoms:
When freshly plugged into the electricity net, and pushing the START button, I hear a *CLICK* inside the PSU. After that CLICK. nothing happens. When pushing a second time on the START button, nothing, not even the CLICK.
When unplugging and replugging the PSU into the net, and pressing START, the one-time *CLICK* is back.
Normally, as I'm aware; the START and RESET button LEDs shouldn't be lit up. I changed an option in the BIOS that the onboard LEDS should be default OFF. Since that change, as I can remember, the MB can't power itsellf well.. It's only a thought, I'm not a rocket scientist, and correlation does not imply causation.

When I do manage to power/boot the system, no other issues occure and the system runs for hours.

Google tells me I'm not the only one with this problem. Yet no answer cleared me up. Hopefully this can.
2 REPLIES 2

Selkis
Level 7
After some deeper internet research, chances are real it's the Corsair 1000 RM. Known for it's unreliability.
Though, I'd still like to hear your guys thoughts and answers.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As an identical thread exists I'll close this one.