cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Please Help - Stupid MPCIE Combo Card Problems!

kapows
Level 7
Hello All,

My Internet Wifi MPCI Card for Asus z87 Maximus Extreme 6 has a wire which has come loose. The wire has come out of the connector and now I cant connect to the internet. I have a new computer with a new RoG Me6 and two Asus GTX Titans with an Asus Xonar HDAV Deluxe Card and OC Panel and I cant do anything now I cant play BF4 because I cant access the internet via Wifi!

Please help? What do I do? Will Asus take mine back and replace it? This has to be a design flaw because the wire has come out of the golden connector. Everything was working fine up until yesterday!

Asus why did you have that stupid card so flimsy and not built in or easier to place? :mad:
6 REPLIES 6

kapows
Level 7
Anyone from Asus actually visit these forums? I cant access the internet 😞
Not sure how to progress this issue.

Classic_GOD
Level 10
It's a PC, it uses standardized parts. You can just buy any U.FL to RP-SMA cable and replace the broken one or better yet unplug the damaged one and go to the store and ask for similar one. Or you can order one from ASUS.

Hi there,

The MPcie Card, i cant find it in any shops local as it is an Asus exclusive part that came with the motherboard. Also, im not a technician so wouldnt kow how to replace the wire unfortunately 😞

How would I go about ordering one from Asus? In the UK, they only RMA components through the retailer but as this is an accessory with the Mobo i dont think they have an option for this.

Regards,

Classic_GOD wrote:
It's a PC, it uses standardized parts. You can just buy any U.FL to RP-SMA cable and replace the broken one or better yet unplug the damaged one and go to the store and ask for similar one. Or you can order one from ASUS.

kapows wrote:
Hi there,

The MPcie Card, i cant find it in any shops local as it is an Asus exclusive part that came with the motherboard. Also, im not a technician so wouldnt kow how to replace the wire unfortunately 😞

How would I go about ordering one from Asus? In the UK, they only RMA components through the retailer but as this is an accessory with the Mobo i dont think they have an option for this.

Regards,
You don't need to replace the entire card. Just the antenna cable - it is plugged into the card using very tiny round connector so you can unplug it and replace just the cable, no need for soldering or anything like that. In the Asus shop there should be a section with motherboard accessories that has the cables that you need. Unfortunately I can't access it right now due to internet policies in my workplace so I can't give you a link right now.

Here is the cable on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-PCI-U-FL-to-RP-SMA-Antenna-WiFi-Pigtail-Cable-UK-/220709111448?pt=UK_... from UK seller, just make sure that is long enough for you and if the antenna connector is the correct one. (this is the cable that goes between mPCIE combo card on your motherboard and the IO Shield on the back of your PC).

Classic_GOD wrote:
If the antenna connector is the correct one. (this is the cable that goes between mPCIE combo card on your motherboard and the IO Shield on the back of your PC).

Wow man thank you so much! This looks like just the part i need!. Is it as simple as removing the mPcie Shield, removing the connection and replacing with new wire?

Also, i would like to quote your comment above. How would I know if the antenna connector is the right one *confused*

Thanks for your help so far really appreciate it as this seems to be the right direction.

kapows wrote:
Wow man thank you so much! This looks like just the part i need!. Is it as simple as removing the mPcie Shield, removing the connection and replacing with new wire?
Yes, it should be that simple 🙂

kapows wrote:
Also, i would like to quote your comment above. How would I know if the antenna connector is the right one *confused*
Just check if it looks the same - I don't have mine in front of me so I was going from memory 🙂

kapows wrote:
Thanks for your help so far really appreciate it as this seems to be the right direction.
I hope it'll fix your problem! 🙂