cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PA238Q monitor 75Hz? not really...

Pratham
Level 10
I have an Asus PA238Q and it has Signal frequency 50-75Hz specified in the manual http://in.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/PA238Q/#specifications
but I only see two options 59Hz & 60Hz. I am happy with 60hz...but it just feels wrong that your monitor can't go higher than that...I like to brag about my PC specs to friends. Is there anything I am missing?...I am using Display port@ 1920x1080 native res
6 REPLIES 6

Pratham
Level 10
Anybody having the same monitor...Plz comment...Or should I talk to any technical person in Asus? how?

Pratham wrote:
Anybody having the same monitor...Plz comment...Or should I talk to any technical person in Asus? how?

Don't have the monitor, but how are you connecting the monitor? Single link DVI can barely handle handle 1920x1080@75 if it can at all.

You may need to use the DisplayPort or HDMI connection.

Chino
Level 15

Pratham
Level 10
Thanks for reply..
@Tech raven -- I am using Display Port...
@Chino-- How to set Custom resolution?...in nVidia control panel?..there are only 3 options 50,59,60Hz..

Chino
Level 15
In that case, have a look at the control panel on the monitor. Some of the other Asus models have options to change the refresh rate on the monitor itself.

Pratham
Level 10
No the monitor doesn't have any option to change refresh rate...which is annoying...cuz my old ViewSonic monitor had the setting....
But it's OK..I think this monitor doesn't support 75Hz @ 1920x1080
You can see in First image 75Hz is available on lower resolutions..whereas in second image no 75Hz option for 1920x1080...
Correct me if I am wrong