cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS P8Z77-V LX2) USB 3.0 issue

oblivionjosh
Level 7
Hi I have upgraded my friends PC for him and all is great except from the USB 3.0 ports not working.

When I originally upgraded his system the USB 3.0 ports would not work and I could not figure out the issue. However a few days later they just started working on their own and he has no idea how he fixed it.

I recently just upgraded his system with an SSD (Fresh Windows 7 Install) and the issue is back. The strange thing is... If I remove the "Intel USB 3.0 Drivers" then the USB 3.0 ports start working but only in 2.0 speed, but with the "Intel USB 3.0 Drivers" installed the 3.0 ports don't work at all with any device! All the USB ports show up in device manager with no issues (with or without the drivers).

His System Specs

ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 (BIOS 2204)
i5 3570k @ 3.8 GHz
GTX 660 Twin Frozr iii
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (1866MHz)
Corsair GS 600W
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Any help would be very much appreciated thanks.... 🙂
1 REPLY 1

netsledek
Level 7
I know this is an old thread, but I finally got around to revisiting this problem on my G74SX-A1. It might help you as well. Fresco Logic have a generic USB3.0 Driver on their Support page, which I installed,... no more "This device will operate faster..." messages. Fresco Logic Support Page
Current version is 3.5.107.0