cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus V Formula CPU core speed issue

davidt
Level 7
Hi, I was running my CPU at 4.6 GHz normally for a couple of days with this new build. So this morning I tried to restore it to the default clock speed and turbo by using the default setting in Bios, I checked every settings before save and reboot. Then my CPU's bus speed changed to 100.3 MHz and core speed stayed at 3900 MHz constantly. I changed it back to my 4.6 GHz overclock settings but same problem occurred. All I want is to get my CPU back to default core speed and turbo, 1600 MHz at idle and 3900 MHz at load. Advices on how to resolve this issue would be very appreciate:(

Thanks
26 REPLIES 26

Chino
Level 15

These are the settings that I used for my 4.6GHz overclocking
Turbo Ration-Manual
Core Ration Limit-46
PLL Overvoltage-Enable
Xtreme Tweaking-Enable
Extreme OC-Disable
CPU Voltage-Manual-1.270
DIGI+Power->LLC-Extreme
CPU fixed Frequency - 500
CPU current capabilities-140%

My CPU was running stable at this 4.6 GHz until I changed it back to stock core speed and things started going wrong, core speed at 3900 MHz idle and load. I wanted it to be at lower clock speed and 3900 MHZ at load. I can't figure out how or why this is happening

Cleared the CMOS, but still the same problem, core speed is at 3900 MHz idle and load with default settings. I think the new Bios 1904 could be the cause

Zka17
Level 16
Is your Windows Power Plan at High Performance? That would keep the speed at it's max...

This:

Zka17 wrote:
Is your Windows Power Plan at High Performance? That would keep the speed at it's max...

Check the power plan you have in Windows and change it either to balanced or go into advanced settings for the High Performance one andchange the "minimum CPU" value to 5%
Asus Crosshair VIII Impact, 5950X, Crucial Ballistic 2x32GB @ 3600MHz, 2 x Corsair MP600 2TB, 2 x Samsung 870 Evo 4TB, Asus 3090 TUF OC, Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ, Panasonic UJ265 ODD, Ncase M1 v6.1, Corsair SF750, Logitech G703, Wooting One, Soundblaster Katana X, Audeze LCD-GX, Logitech C920 HD Pro, Win 10 Pro x64

MultiDoc wrote:
This:
Check the power plan you have in Windows and change it either to balanced or go into advanced settings for the High Performance one andchange the "minimum CPU" value to 5%

I tried that, didn't change the core speed, still the same at 3900 MHz idle and load

davidt wrote:
I tried that, didn't change the core speed, still the same at 3900 MHz idle and load

Hmmm... change the power plan to "balanced", apply and restart. Then go and change to "high performance" but also change the "minimumcpu" to 5%, apply and restart. Does it help ?
Asus Crosshair VIII Impact, 5950X, Crucial Ballistic 2x32GB @ 3600MHz, 2 x Corsair MP600 2TB, 2 x Samsung 870 Evo 4TB, Asus 3090 TUF OC, Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ, Panasonic UJ265 ODD, Ncase M1 v6.1, Corsair SF750, Logitech G703, Wooting One, Soundblaster Katana X, Audeze LCD-GX, Logitech C920 HD Pro, Win 10 Pro x64

MultiDoc wrote:
Hmmm... change the power plan to "balanced", apply and restart. Then go and change to "high performance" but also change the "minimumcpu" to 5%, apply and restart. Does it help ?

Yes, I tried that, didn't work

Zka17
Level 16
Don't forgot to turn on the power saving features in BIOS, or at least double-check them...