cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus BLu-ray Drive Issue

kz9
Level 7
Ok so I have had this odd issue with this drive since day one. BW-12B1ST

When I look at the drive in My computer it says I have a track on disc when I have no disc in it. To get the drive to read another disc I have to eject the drive under the menu and then it resets as empty and it will work. When I am done with the game (C&C), and eject it, it still says its in the drive.

I looked on Asus website for drivers and it doesn't give me any......

Thoughts? RMA?
8 REPLIES 8

kz9
Level 7
Screenshot

No Disc in drive, and taken right after re-boot

HiVizMan
Level 40
You will have to wait for someone with more knowledge of the Bluray thing than I.

What happens if you put the optical drive on a different SATA channel?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

kz9
Level 7
Samething. I think its a bad drive. Have a RMA request with Asus for a new one. I tried a different just DVD drive and it works.....

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good then and thanks for the feedback.

Cheers mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I had a similar issue with my optical drive, the problem seems to arise from the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Driver Software that comes preloaded on the packaged cd/dvd. Use the more current version of the software found here.

http://support.asus.com.tw/download/download_item_rog.aspx?model=Rampage%20IV%20Extreme

kz9
Level 7
I give that a try.

Thanks,

kz9
Level 7
Hell of a first post!!! lol

Problem is gone. Never thought of that.....

Glad I could help... I know how annoying that issue was cuz I just went through it.

I noticed that everything was fine until I installed that Intel software.