cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS & NVMe Support Poll. VOTE NOW!!!

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hey guys, this is an official poll(through PCDIY) to get ASUS to consider updating BIOSes for Z77/Z87 & X79 for full support of NVMe bootable drives. For example, the sexy and shiny new hotty Intel call "750" 😄 :cool:

They need at least 1000 votes to even get started talking about it. I'd love to see full support on my RIVF and i've voted for X79 of course 😄

GO GO GO GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://pcdiy.asus.com/2015/04/asus-nvme-support-poll-voice-your-opinion/
26 REPLIES 26

theostech wrote:
Confirmed booting fine on z77 in second gcard slot as a boot drive. Works great using the intel preboot driver with win 8 custom install. p8z77-v deluxe mb

Is the preboot driver the same as the windows driver. If not, where can I find such a driver.

louisly wrote:
Is the preboot driver the same as the windows driver. If not, where can I find such a driver.

Intel's site has software and drivers for the 750. Copy the driver folder to a flash drive. Pick the correct x64 or x32 driver folder during the windows 8 8.1 or 10 install process where you can add driver before selecting the drive to install windows to under custom/advanced install. Also I had to pull my other drives(except dvd) to get it to install correctly during the install(boot files win recovery directory to the pci-e and not existing win install ahci sata drive).

theostech wrote:
Intel's site has software and drivers for the 750. Copy the driver folder to a flash drive. Pick the correct x64 or x32 driver folder during the windows 8 8.1 or 10 install process where you can add driver before selecting the drive to install windows to under custom/advanced install. Also I had to pull my other drives(except dvd) to get it to install correctly during the install(boot files win recovery directory to the pci-e and not existing win install ahci sata drive).

Thanks, that is clear for me. Sounds like it is worthy to have a try with my R4BE (X79) as well.

alaniiii
Level 7
Hi guys ..i have a problem .i have asus rampage x99 motherboard with 4way sli 980 ..i was playing normally with it then i cleaned my gpus then i changed the cards place then i connect it with my moniter and i turned on my pc but its not display any thing then i looked at my board and i found the A2 not AA where is the problem pls i need help

alaniiii wrote:
Hi guys ..i have a problem .i have asus rampage x99 motherboard with 4way sli 980 ..i was playing normally with it then i cleaned my gpus then i changed the cards place then i connect it with my moniter and i turned on my pc but its not display any thing then i looked at my board and i found the A2 not AA where is the problem pls i need help😔

What does your manual say about that code? My first guess would be power or seating. Try disconnecting cards one at a time. Pretty sure ROG has a switch to do it.

mazzy
Level 7
Maybe it's time for Asus to speak. Do or Do not.
With Win10 just around the corner, a compatible BIOS for late July will be the perfect time to buy the right PCIe SSD before doing a complete reinstall.
I'm not upgrading my awesome Rig with E51650v2, 64GB RAM, LSI SATA3/SAS PCI-E 3.0 CTRL to a immature X99 that except for 8 cores $1K CPU isn't faster or offer anything that I can't have on a full features ultra mature X79 board.

Yes a Boot SSD NVMe driver is kickass, but not worth to upgrade alone for me.
Until Intel will offer a 10 cores, 3.2GHz+ at $500, I don't see reason to upgrade, I'll swap the GPU and I'll be on the top again.
So I wish that Asus will Offer full compatibility on X79 boards. In the long way Asus'll be rewarded by loyalty of customers that know that Asus stand behind his products..

louisly
Level 7
I bought a 750 drive yesterday. All went well except one thing. My board is R4BE. and I have two AMD7970 card inserting at PCI #1 and #3. The drive is installed at PCI #2. With this setting, I think two graphic cards should work at X16 speed. The simulator also tell the same. but actually the 2nd card which installed at PCI #3 only worked at X8 speed. I wonder what was wrong. Can someone help on this?