cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus AI Suite III

rayhandsome
Level 7
Can i download and install the new Asus AI Suite III on older ROG boards(Maximus V Formula) or are they for the Haswell boards only?
194 REPLIES 194

KvikSand81
Level 7
Is it possible to get an official statement from ASUS (the only MB manufacturer I've ever used for my own rigs and when building for friends and family...) that AI Suite 3 will not work on Crosshair V platforms?

If it isn't supposed to work on Crosshair V platforms... THEN REMOVE THE AI SUITE 3 ENTRY FROM THE F.A.Q. ON THE CROSSHAIR SUPPORT SITE WHERE IT IS SHOWN HOW TO INSTALL IT!!! TRIED IT, DOESN'T WORK!!!

http://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULA/HelpDesk/

It would help me not wasting my time...!

Best Regards,

KvikSand81 wrote:
Is it possible to get an official statement from ASUS (the only MB manufacturer I've ever used for my own rigs and when building for friends and family...) that AI Suite 3 will not work on Crosshair V platforms?

If it isn't supposed to work on Crosshair V platforms... THEN REMOVE THE AI SUITE 3 ENTRY FROM THE F.A.Q. ON THE CROSSHAIR SUPPORT SITE WHERE IT IS SHOWN HOW TO INSTALL IT!!! TRIED IT, DOESN'T WORK!!!

http://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULA/HelpDesk/

It would help me not wasting my time...!

Best Regards,

Hello

The FAQs are generalized for multiple platforms. The AI Suite 3 FAQ will apply to any motherboard that has AI Suite 3 available from the download page of that motherboard. As it is not listed as an available download for your motherboard should indicate that that particular FAQ does not apply.

slider
Level 7
Install ASUS Ai Suite 3 ver. 1.01.02 for ASUS M/B P8Z77-V DELUXE under Windows 10.

00-Uninstall existing Ai Suite TOTALLY.

00a-Use uninstaller to remove all ASUS components and reboot.
00b-Stop ASUS services in Computer Management applet. Use Ai Suite Cleaner to remove ASUS services. Reboot.
00c-Remove ASUS directories:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS
C:\Program Files\ASUS
C:\ProgramData\ASUS

01-Download latest Ai Suite 3 for ASUS Z97-DELUXE. Currently version 1.01.02. It is compatible with Windows 10. This is our Target Suite.
02-Download Ai Suite 3 version 1.00.50 for ASUS Z87-DELUXE. The last installer without compatibility check.
03-Download latest Ai Suite 3 for ASUS Z87-DELUXE (currently 1.00.56). It contains DIP4.
04-Download Ai Suite 2 for ASUS P8Z77V-DELUXE (2.01.01).
05-Extract all suites to different folders.
06-Copy AsusSetup.exe, AsusSetup.exe.manifest, Setup.exe, Setup.exe.manifest from Ai Suite 3 ver. 1.00.50 to the Target Suite folder.
07-Copy the content of Ai Suite 2/DrvResource folder and paste it on Target Suite/DrvResource folder. If asked to replace anything answer YES.
08-Copy AsAcpi.dll and asacpiex.dll from Ai Suite 2/FanXpert2/AppSetup to the Target Suite root folder.
09-Remove "DIP5" from the Target Suite folder and copy "DIP4" from Ai Suite 3 ver. 1.00.56.
10-Start Installation of Target Suite by running Setup.exe.
11-Reboot.
12-After reboot AiSuite3 will not start with "Unknown name" error. Don't worry, we're going to fix that.
13-Copy AsAcpi.dll and asacpiex.dll from Ai Suite 2/FanXpert2/AppSetup to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\. Make sure to replace the files.
14-Reboot.

slider wrote:
Install ASUS Ai Suite 3 ver. 1.01.02 for ASUS M/B P8Z77-V DELUXE under Windows 10.

00b-Stop ASUS services in Computer Management applet. Use Ai Suite Cleaner to remove ASUS services. Reboot.

01-Download latest Ai Suite 3 for ASUS Z97-DELUXE. Currently version 1.01.02. It is compatible with Windows 10. This is our Target Suite.
02-Download Ai Suite 3 version 1.00.50 for ASUS Z87-DELUXE. The last installer without compatibility check.
03-Download latest Ai Suite 3 for ASUS Z87-DELUXE (currently 1.00.56). It contains DIP4.
06-Copy AsusSetup.exe, AsusSetup.exe.manifest, Setup.exe, Setup.exe.manifest from Ai Suite 3 ver. 1.00.50 to the Target Suite folder.
07-Copy the content of Ai Suite 2/DrvResource folder and paste it on Target Suite/DrvResource folder. If asked to replace anything answer YES.
08-Copy AsAcpi.dll and asacpiex.dll from Ai Suite 2/FanXpert2/AppSetup to the Target Suite root folder.
09-Remove "DIP5" from the Target Suite folder and copy "DIP4" from Ai Suite 3 ver. 1.00.56.
11-Reboot.
12-After reboot AiSuite3 will not start with "Unknown name" error. Don't worry, we're going to fix that.
13-Copy AsAcpi.dll and asacpiex.dll from Ai Suite 2/FanXpert2/AppSetup to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\. Make sure to replace the files.
14-Reboot.

Does this work for P8Z77-V Premium too?

teylor57 wrote:
Does this work for P8Z77-V Premium too?

I am using the P8Z77-V Prem board as well.

I got it working following the directions where you make a hybrid of AiII and 2 Versions of AiIII.

I used reg edit to remove anything with word ASUS in it rebooted before the install.

I was getting an error about the USB BIOS FLASHBACK missing a .png file so I copied the entire
directory from the program files (x86) AI Suite II directory which is one directory above the
AI SUITE III directory into it and it fired up and worked fine all the settings seem to work.

It's a bit curious that it recreated the AI Suite II directory again, I uninstalled it all went to every directory and deleted every directory with the word Asus or AI Suite.

The reason I did this is because bios control over the Fans sort of blows donkey.

I would rather do it through BIOS but I could never get the fans to go silent even when setting them all silent
and or then creating my own silent using the manual settings. Also the Bios has no idea the size of the fans
or what speed the should run or if it does it seems worse then Fan Expert settings which I customized.

My system is still running air cooled at 40c at 4.3 Gig using a i7 3770K 32gig of DDR3.

I am still playing with the cool new options the Ai III interface is much better then Ai II.

One last thing thank you guys for the great step by step directions.

I get that AI 3 isn't being available for older chipsets but it would be great if AI 2 was made to work for Windows 10 at least.

blackdog196267 wrote:
... but it would be great if AI 2 was made to work for Windows 10 at least.

It does - grab it from, for instance, the Crosshair V Formula-Z download section:

Download:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite_II_XPVistaWin7-8-81-10_C5FZ_V20401.zip

Support-page:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULAZ/HelpDesk_Download/

Best Regards,

I'm considering upgrading my P8Z68-V to Win10. Do you thing these instructions for the P8Z77 would work for the P8Z68? I really only care about fan control. Or should I just rely on setting the fan curve in BIOS?

slider wrote:

11-Reboot.
14-Reboot.

I installed 1.01.02 without an issue but when I click on "Fan Xpert 2" I get a violation error relating to dip4.dll

Anyone have an idea?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AI Suite III v1.03.50 (Combo-3)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New light customized repack of the AI Suite III with "must have" components only. Compatible with ealier mobos models (Z77, etc.).
Prepeared using published content for newest ASUS mobos (Z170) and the last known files for unsupported (weak supported) models.

CONTENTS:
----------
AISuite3 v1.02.40 (AsusSetup v1.01.40)
• Ai Charger+ v3.02.02
• FanXpert2 v1.00.18 (Custom)
• System Information v1.01.00

Inside the archive you can find detailed instructions for installation and for prepearing of the repacks by yourself.
Tested on ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE (Z77), Win8.1 [x64]. Windows 10 compatible (not yet tested).

P.S.: Regardless lot of text inside, everything doing simple.

"1. Instruction - Before Install" - only if you decide to prepare repack by yourself; attachment is already done
"2. Instruction - After Install" - absolutely MUST, after installation

[/HR]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AI Suite II v2.04.01 (Combo-5)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Archival" light repack of the II-nd line with "must have" components only. Windows 8.1 compatible.
There was no intrusion (no any updates) inside collected utilities. Last known files from the II-nd line were used. So, original files still there.

ATTENTION: This version is not compatible with Win10. It's just an archive of 2-nd line.
Any case, use AI Suite III repack for installation, please.

CONTENTS:
----------
• Ai Charger+ v3.00.08
• FanXpert2 v1.00.18
• System Information v1.02.17
• USB 3.0 Boost v1.05.18
• Matrix v1.03.04

[/HR]
Download:
----------
AI Suite II v2.04.01 (Combo-5): http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/3Oeizie4/file.html
AI Suite III v1.03.50 (Combo-3): http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/96Jpzl7c/file.html