cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD r9 270x probs

Mesmoric
Level 7
So just recently this past Christmas i was given a AMD r9 270x as a gift. being me i couldn't wait to put it in my PC having previously an AMD radeon HD 7770 so not the most powerful upgrade but it was the best upgrade suited for my system considering I only have a 650 power supply. So I put in the new card and enjoyed it for the first day however the next day i played for a little over 45 minutes in borderlands 2 and i got a massive FPS drop hoping that it was something just loading into the game however it wasn't another minute and a half later another fps drop just like the one before it. At that point I was curious to what the problem might be and if it was hurting my new card or my CPU. This wasn't just happening in borderlands 2 it would occur in other games as well as well it just depended on the amount of time i was playing. Games like Skyrim, Warframe, Neverwinter, and any very high detail game gets a drop after some time of play and its starting to bother me because its causing my to screw with how i play the game during certain scenarios. I've done some some Heat monitoring and from what ive seen my new card isnt going above 71 Degrees Celsius and same with the CPU. Ive gone to some other forums some though it might be throttling and overheating, One person said it could be a manufacturing defect others thought it might be other things. I figured since my 270x is an ASUS brand card I though I would come over to these fourms and to see if anyone might have a clue about what might be happening

for those wondering what my specs are here they are:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-970A-UD3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16366MB RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6810)
Display Memory: 1756 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2022 MB
Shared Memory: 3830 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP W2072a
Monitor Id: HWP3000
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.000Hz)

---------------
EVR Power Information
---------------
Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality)
Quality Flags: 2576
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow half deinterlace
Allow scaling
Decode Power Usage: 100
Balanced Flags: 1424
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow batching
Force half deinterlace
Force scaling
Decode Power Usage: 50
PowerFlags: 1424
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow batching
Force half deinterlace
Force scaling
Decode Power Usage: 0
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15

HiVizMan
Level 40
Here is what I would do.

Download the latest version of GPUz, open the sensor tab and tick the log to file and continue to refresh while GPUz is in the back ground. Bottom left corner.

Now select where you want the log file to be stored and then start playing your game.

Once you get the drop in FPS exit the game and go have a look at the temps on the sensor tab, or if you system crashes then look in the log.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.