cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD FX 9590 review

ganji
Level 13
I've just come across this Kit guru review for the Fx 9590 and i can't see why AMD think it will sell. Even at a vastly reduced price i can't see it selling. They've lost the plot a tad ent they.
http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/zardon/amd-fx9590-5ghz-review-w-gigabyte-990fxa-ud5/
On page 13 it shows Cinebench scores of 8.31 which is less than an Fx8350 oc'd to 4.8Ghz. The screenshot they've posted of Cinebench shows a 9590 but @4.02Ghz though so i don't know whats going on there.
I think they have just released it to be the first to release a 5Ghz chip as the review says because the only difference i see between it and an Fx8350 is the higher TDP. The pricing is to make peeps avoid it i think.
10 REPLIES 10

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
For those interested an internal AMD document also indicates that the ASUS Crosshair Sabertooth has passed AMD validation.
o.O say what now? which board was that again?

ganji
Level 13
Lol's They made a few balls up's in that review enit chap.

ganji wrote:
Lol's They made a few balls up's in that review enit chap.

I got that far and suddenly lost all interest in the rest of the article.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
I got that far and suddenly lost all interest in the rest of the article.

You didn't miss anything.

ganji wrote:
You didn't miss anything.

Considering the price of it, is going to be about 5-600 £, I for one am not going to miss that hot chip lol

Chino
Level 15

ganji
Level 13
More benchmarks and evenmore reason not to buy it lol http://www.techpowerup.com/186765/amd-fx-9590-5-ghz-processor-benchmarks-surface-great-performance-a...
Defnately not worth the £485 price increase 😮

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
This chip is a bit of a laugh I think...maybe a ruse to try and catch Intel sleeping...:rolleyes::confused: I was really disappointed to see it too...

ganji
Level 13
Yeah its a bit of a strange one enit. I can't get my head around AMD's thinking on this one. I think they released it to be the first 5ghz chip n then priced it so high that peeps wouldn't buy it. People will though lol.