cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Tweaker vs manual OC

Vegas_Maximus
Level 7
Hello @ all,

I have a question about the AI Tweaker at Asus. First, I would list my hardware:

1. NZXT H710i - ATX mid-tower case for gaming.
2. be quiet! Dark Power 12 PC power supply black 1000W
3. Intel Core i7-12700KF 12th Generation
4. nzxt Kraken X73 360 mm
5. ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi motherboard socket Intel LGA 1700
6. Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe 4.0
7. 32GB (2x 16GB) G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5
8. ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC

My question:
I would like to overclock the processor and yes there is an option to use AI Tweaker. Where is the difference to do it manually and what would be better? The autotuning or the manual way? And if manual is better, can someone give me a tip for the settings?

Thanks in advance 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The rules for AI Tweaker are quite tight for 12th and 13th gen CPU. You'll struggle to find much in the way of better thermals or clocks straying from the AI Predictions found on the AI Tweaker page. Normally, you'll find to push past the predictions a more aggressive LLC and voltage is needed which will result in high temperatures. Your mileage will vary depending on your cooling.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
The rules for AI Tweaker are quite tight for 12th and 13th gen CPU. You'll struggle to find much in the way of better thermals or clocks straying from the AI Predictions found on the AI Tweaker page. Normally, you'll find to push past the predictions a more aggressive LLC and voltage is needed which will result in high temperatures. Your mileage will vary depending on your cooling.

Thank you very much for your answer !
One Question i had,

On the Bios Starts i can read "OVerlocked 47%" What it means?

Thanks in forward