cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed for Ryzen DRAM calculator

The_cloak_0
Level 7
I OC my R5 1600 to 3.8ghz, found sweet spot at this settings on Asus x470-F Strix:

Now I need help with setting Ryzen DRAM calculator RAM timings in BIOS:

I have Corsair 2 x 8GB Vengeance CMK16GX4M2B3200C16. Tryed couple of days ago to put some settings in BIOS and as a result of that I needed to shorten two pins (clear RTC RAM jumper) with a screwdriver because I got black screen. After that I tryed without Ryzen Dram Calculator and I just changed in BIOS Ai overclock tuner from auto to DOCP (3200mhz).

I did two rounds of Hci memtest:
First round - 12 windows - every window has assigned 1050mb - lowest window had 1250% coverage, highest 1580% coverage - 0 errors .
Second round od Hci memtest went also fine, min coverage window was 1500% (12 window for 12 threads, every window 1150mb).

SoC voltage is on auto, it seems high? In Ryzen Master it is 1,1V, in HWiNFO64 around 1.13V.

If it works on DOCP without any problems it should also probably work with Ryzen DRAM calculator settings. To make it easy for you here are settings from BIOS that I don't know what value to enter from Ryzen DRAM calculator:

DRAM CAS# latency - tCL?
DRAM RAS# PRE time - tRP?
DRAM RAS# ACT time - tRAS?
Trcpage
Trfc2
Trfc4
MemAddrCmdSetup
MemCsOdtSetup
MemCkeSetup
MemCadBusClkDrvStren
MemCadBusAddrCmdDrvStren
MemCadBusCsOdtDrvStren
MemCadBusCkeDrvStren
Mem Over Clock Fail Count
CLDO VDDP voltage

Timings picture 1

Timings picture 2

Timings picture 3

Timings picture 4

Timings picture 5
7 REPLIES 7

The_cloak_0
Level 7
bump

help me out guys :confused: so you need to connect this values from BIOS:

DRAM CAS# latency - tCL?
DRAM RAS# PRE time - tRP?
DRAM RAS# ACT time - tRAS?
Trcpage
Trfc2
Trfc4
MemAddrCmdSetup
MemCsOdtSetup
MemCkeSetup
MemCadBusClkDrvStren
MemCadBusAddrCmdDrvStren
MemCadBusCsOdtDrvStren
MemCadBusCkeDrvStren
Mem Over Clock Fail Count
CLDO VDDP voltage

to Ryzen DRAM calculator values

And one more question: After I activated DOCP 3200mhz (loose timings) in BIOS and tested it two times with Hci memory test (one time min coverage 1250%, second time min 1500% - all ok), I transfered lots of data from external HDD to my HDD and installed couple of games. Logical seemed to me that everything should be normal even if my DOCP setting has loose timings. So no data corruption or other errors with loose timings (picture below)?

bump

Used it for a last couple of days on this loose timings (DOCP 3200mhz without any tinkering):

no problems or errors.
Can someone finally help me with this?:confused: Is there a big difference with loose timings and tighten timings? Here is the picture with loose timings from test in Ryzen DRAM calculator:

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

1) I would recommend using Karhu Ram Test over HCI. Far easier to use and more stringent test of stability.

2) First gen Ryzen Fabric is not as strong as later iterations, frequency is king on ZEN so I would not sacrifice this over tighter memory subsets where possible.

You can try setting VDIMM to 1.45v and attempting the following at 3200 with FCLK at 1:1.

CL 14

tRCD 15

tRP 14

tRAS 36
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

1) I would recommend using Karhu Ram Test over HCI. Far easier to use and more stringent test of stability.

2) First gen Ryzen Fabric is not as strong as later iterations, frequency is king on ZEN so I would not sacrifice this over tighter memory subsets where possible.

You can try setting VDIMM to 1.45v and attempting the following at 3200 with FCLK at 1:1.

CL 14

tRCD 15

tRP 14

tRAS 36

Hi, I just now saw your answer, I bumped this question before coupled of time in X470 thread and here without any response so I thought that nobody would answer me.

1)Karhu Ram Test is not free? I lowered Soc voltage to 1V (was 1.10V). I tested this loose timings in:
3x Hci memtest 1500% coverage
15 hours of Asus Real bench
more than 30 hours in gaming
- not a single error or freeze, HwInfo64 was always open in testing - 0 WHEA error.

2) So if I understood you recommend me to leave it on this loose timings?

I would not rather go with 1.45V, that seems to high for me, even in Ryzen DRAM calculator max recomendend voltage is 1.43V (fast profile, safe is 1.39V)...

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
1.45v is fine for those modules. I've been running this in my personal system for over 18 months. You may need to pump VSOC higher on that CPU as first generation Ryzen can often have weak fabric. If not, I'd recommend you leave the system as is.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
If not, I'd recommend you leave the system as is.

That seems to me most likely option.

Today I tried to change only primary timings (first six) - some combination that folows the rule "tRC = tRAS + tRP" (DRAM RAS PRE time is tRP and DRAM RAS ACT time is tRAS?) and I changed DRAM voltage to 1.37 and SoC to 1.05 for stability, I always got the black screen, no boot, only clear RTC RAM jumper with a screwdriver helps. I had more than 10 black screen, no boot overall after changing timings, not a single one working boot. Only that works is DOCP loose timings.

How much performance (%) I lose with DOCP loose timings if I leave them on?

I tryed yesterday some things but nothing worked soÂ*I decided to leave it on DOCP timings (picture from ZenTimings in first post).Â* I searched for some pictures of AIDA64 RAM test 3200C16 (Ryzen) and I found out that most benchmarks have values around 47000Mb/s so it it not big difference from my results from Ryzen DRAM calculator MemBench (44000Mb/s).Â*

This will be fine for me, I hope I get better results when I jump to R5 3600 in future.