cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding ram to Asus ROG G752?

Quest01
Level 7
Hi it says in the description that I can upgrade to 64gb of DDR4 ram, how can I do this? The laptop says it features 4 DDR4 slots and currently has 12gb of ram.
3 REPLIES 3

Diskotek
Level 7
If you're talking about buying it with the ram installed already up to 64gb you can order it from a custom pc site like Xoticpc.com and get it pre-installed before it gets to you.

There's a single philips screw almost dead center under the laptop that is hidden by a rubber cover. All you gotta do is wiggle it up to get to the screw (you'll see a little notch for it). You can get to 2 of the SoDimm slots but to get to the other two you would need to get a lot more technical with removing the bottome of the laptop from the rest of the chassis.

Diskotek wrote:
If you're talking about buying it with the ram installed already up to 64gb you can order it from a custom pc site like Xoticpc.com and get it pre-installed before it gets to you.

There's a single philips screw almost dead center under the laptop that is hidden by a rubber cover. All you gotta do is wiggle it up to get to the screw (you'll see a little notch for it). You can get to 2 of the SoDimm slots but to get to the other two you would need to get a lot more technical with removing the bottome of the laptop from the rest of the chassis.

I am in the same boat as the other poster. I found the two slots underneath but without ripping open the laptop before purchasing the memory I just wanted to confirm that all 4 slots are so-dimm type. Would you know?
You input has been very helpful would you recommend a memory type as well. I am looking at RipJaws or crucial.

Thank you.

toronto699
Level 13
try the crucial advisory tool. u do not have to buy crucial memory , just the same specs as u have now in your laptop

http://www.crucial.com/