cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9900K build stable except Realbench

sharky_addy
Level 7
Hi all,

Received my 9900K Monday and built it with Hero XI (Wifi) and 2x16GB Gskill TridentZ DDR4-3000, and a gigabyte 1080 ti. No surprise Prime95 26.6 and OCCT passed for 12 hours+ @4.7GHz and ~1.2V Vcore. However Realbench (2.5.6) failed within a minute on every run claiming "Instability detected (Blender)". I tried upping voltage, lowering multiplier, all the way to 3.6Ghz @ 1.2V. Realbench still fails. Any clue?

I've tried it without a Graphics card, or removing one of the RAM stick, or reducing memory speed to 2133. Realbench still fails at even 3.6GHz.

I'm tempted to call my system stable as i've done OCCT, Prime95, some handbrake h.265 encoding (>10 hours), some blender render, some even at 4.8/4.9GHz. However it's just very strange Realbench would fail consistently at any multiplier... Any clue? (And the same Realbench passes for hours on my 6700k system).

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Reachbench puts a considerable load on multiple buses, however, it sounds as though the issue may not be a stability one given everything you've mentioned above. I would simply soak test the system with what you intend to use it for. If there's any instability, you can address it after the fact.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Menthol
Level 14
As Silent Scone says, if your stable for what your system is used for your OK, but I am sure that is annoying you.
I would open CMD prompt in administrator privileges and enter "sfc /scannow" and let Windows check for errors, if it returns no integrity errors found, run scandisk, reboot to bios, F5 defaults, start run RB again

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Try the older version of realbench 2.54

If indeed it says blender ...
Download and install blender
Use BMW render file and render image after unzipping it and point blender to the cpu and or gpu render file there is two
If it fails then you'll have to set a higher avx and avx 512 offset
https://www.blender.org/download/demo-files/

https://www.blender.org/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Falkentyne
Level 12
sharky_addy wrote:
Hi all,

Received my 9900K Monday and built it with Hero XI (Wifi) and 2x16GB Gskill TridentZ DDR4-3000, and a gigabyte 1080 ti. No surprise Prime95 26.6 and OCCT passed for 12 hours+ @4.7GHz and ~1.2V Vcore. However Realbench (2.5.6) failed within a minute on every run claiming "Instability detected (Blender)". I tried upping voltage, lowering multiplier, all the way to 3.6Ghz @ 1.2V. Realbench still fails. Any clue?

I've tried it without a Graphics card, or removing one of the RAM stick, or reducing memory speed to 2133. Realbench still fails at even 3.6GHz.

I'm tempted to call my system stable as i've done OCCT, Prime95, some handbrake h.265 encoding (>10 hours), some blender render, some even at 4.8/4.9GHz. However it's just very strange Realbench would fail consistently at any multiplier... Any clue? (And the same Realbench passes for hours on my 6700k system).

Thanks!

Download Prime95 29.4 and run it, exit it then open the file local.txt
Add the two lines CPUSupportsAVX=0 and CPUSupportsFMA3=0 at the top
Both of these set to 0 will make this identical to the old 26 version, but with bug fixes.
To see if realbench or something else has an issue now, enable AVX by setting it to 1 (don't enable FMA3) and run prime95 with custom settings:

In place fixed FFT's, FFT size 1344K
Then let it loop for awhile.
If you have an AVX issue, this will show an error even faster than realbench.

If you can pass this for 1 hour with no problems, then your computer is stable and something is messing up realbench. I have no idea what could cause this issue.

Sidenote: when you are running realbench, do you see a WHEA or CPU L0 error in HWinfo64 ?