cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6850K + Dominator Platinum 64GB + RVE10 = System Agent Voltage @ XMP set too high?

enyceedanny
Level 10
Hey guys. I've been out of the loop for a while when it comes to overclocking since my last build (Sandybridge-E). Recently did an upgrade to the Rampage V Edition 10, 6850K, and 64 (16x4) of Dominator Platinum DDR4 2800.

I noticed that when running XMP the system agent voltage (VCCSA) is bumped up to around 1.33v. Is this a safe voltage to be at? There are guides for skylakes and haswells, but for broadwell-e the amount of advanced information I can find online seems to be limited.
Any idea if this is the normal behavior? Any feedback will be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

enyceedanny
Level 10
Anyone else notice this on their XMP enabled system? I know that this is somewhat normal for higher speed modules, but 1.33 seems a tad high.

Menthol
Level 14
I seen someone say this in another forum, I believe it is because there are so many different memory kits available and may not be 100% compatible, especially on the voltages the XMP sets.
You should enter the VCSSA value manually but it may take a little tweaking, somewhere between 1.0 and 1.3, but closer to 1.1 to 1.2, I set my voltages manually and I believe my 3200mhz Gskill CL14 kit needs 1.12
Every CPU is different