cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 AI Suite III Tips That Will Save Your Life!

Chino
Level 15
AI Suite III is a very powerful piece of software to have on your ROG system. The plethora of utilities and options available allows you to fine tune every aspect of your system while monitoring all the variables in real time. Read on for some useful tips to help you get the best from AI Suite III.

Tip 1. Trouble installing AI Suite III?
Some of our users have been encountering some pesky issues when trying to install the application. If you’re one of the very few that could not get the installer to work for you, don’t fret. Continue reading!

Step 1. Navigate to the AXSP folder that’s in the AI Suite folder. Then right click axIns.exe and select Properties.

[/HR]

Step 2. Click the Unblock option at the bottom of the General tab.

[/HR]

Step 3. Proceed to the Compatibility tab and click the Change settings for all users option.

[/HR]

Step 4. Tick Run this program as an administrator option.

[/HR]

Step 5. Click Ok to apply your changes.

[/HR]

Step 6. Open HMService folder next. Then right click aaHMIns.exe and select Properties.

[/HR]

Step 7. Click the Unblock option at the bottom of the General tab.

[/HR]

Step 8. Proceed to the Compatibility tab and click the Change settings for all users option.

[/HR]

Step 9. Tick Run this program as an administrator option.

[/HR]

Step 10. Click Ok to apply your changes.

[/HR]

Step 11. Run AsusSetup.exe with administrator privileges.

[/HR]

Step 12. Open Task Manager and end the axIns.exe process to continue with the setup.

If above fix didn’t work for you, then you’ll need to dig up the DVD that came with your motherboard and follow these steps.
1. Pop the DVD into your optical drive.
2. Look for the AI Suite III folder on the DVD.
3. Run AsusSetup.exe with administrator privileges to install an earlier version of AI Suite III.
4. Follow the onscreen prompts.
5. When your installation is done, download the latest version from your motherboard’s support page.
6. Follow the instructions for a normal installation to update the older version.

Tip 2. Installing AI Suite III In Your Native Language.
AI Suite III comes in nine different languages. So if you’re not a native English speaker, then this tip will have you running AI Suite III in your favorite language in no time.

Step 1. Start by opening Registry Editor.

[/HR]

Step 2. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\AI-SUITE_II Right click in the right window and create a new String Value.

[/HR]

Step 3. Name the String Value to Language.

[/HR]

Step 4. Input the value of your language.

[/HR]

Choose from below:
0404 = Traditional Chinese
0C04 = Traditional Chinese
1404 = Traditional Chinese
1004 = Simplified Chinese
0804 = Simplified Chinese
09 = English
0C = French
07 = German
0A = Spanish
11 = Japanese
12 = Korean
19 = Russian

Step 6. Restart your system and AI Suite III will be displayed in your language!
48 REPLIES 48

Hi,

If you're telling us to remove other temp programs, is there some way for us to get data from other temp probes installed in the mobo? If I can't use SpeedFan, AIDA, etc. then I need those other numbers and graphs!

Also, I've used the "name fans" feature and it's great! One problem I have is this, let's say my fans are named Fan1, Fan2, Fan3...and they're in the chassis_fan 1, 2 & 3 headers. The software shows Fan1,Fan2& Fan3 with "0" RPM and it's red, but above is shown Chassis_1, 2, & 3 as if it didn't get saved. Is there some .INI or .XML file I can edit to fix this?

Thanks,

-Ambi
MB: Maximus VIII Hero
CPU:Intel i7-6700K OC @ 4.7 GHz
Mem: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3600 MHz
Vid: EVGA GTX980 Ti SC@ 1530MHz
SSD:RAID1&0 Samsung 256G 840 Pro

HDD: RAID1 6TB Ultrastar 7K6000
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Case:Corsair 600T, mod for roof rad

Custom Loop:
Block:EK Supremacy Clean CSQ, Copper
Rads:AlphaCool ST30 360 & 120
Fans: 4 X Enermax CLUSTER Advance, Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm, KingWin DB122
Pumps:2 X MCP 35x in series
Tubing:Tygon 2475 1/2" ID X 3/4" OD

Ambidexter wrote:
Hi,

If you're telling us to remove other temp programs, is there some way for us to get data from other temp probes installed in the mobo? If I can't use SpeedFan, AIDA, etc. then I need those other numbers and graphs!

Also, I've used the "name fans" feature and it's great! One problem I have is this, let's say my fans are named Fan1, Fan2, Fan3...and they're in the chassis_fan 1, 2 & 3 headers. The software shows Fan1,Fan2& Fan3 with "0" RPM and it's red, but above is shown Chassis_1, 2, & 3 as if it didn't get saved. Is there some .INI or .XML file I can edit to fix this?

Thanks,

-Ambi

I'm having a similar issue. I know exactly what fans are on each header, yet when I test it out (when it shuts the fan off) it shuts my front and rear fan? How is that even possible when they are connected in different headers. Seems it's a bit off, anybody else experience this too?

It seemed I had to unblock a few more files in the sub folders you mentioned, so I just unblocked all .exe files in the folder and then it worked.

Also the files are in the drvResource folder.

vicorama
Level 7
Hello I am using a Maximus VI Hero. I am not getting any thing after installing the AISuite 3.
I have a little slide tray that shows an airplane but I do not see anything like the screenshot you posted.
Id appreciate some help.
I tried to follow your instructions but I did not have an 'Unblock' option in the axIns properties.

bocalot
Level 7
Thank you Chino, for this great instruction guide. I am a noob in so many ways. The time, knowledge, and expertise you put into this is genuinely appreciated. You are ROG!!!

Xanoid
Level 7
Thanks for the guide Chino
Maximus VII Formula
Asus Titan X
Intel 4790k
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2133Mhz
Win 8.1 Pro
Intel 730SSD 240GB, Samsung 840Pro 512GB,Samsung 840Pro 512GB
Coolermaster V1200 Platinum PSU
Nzxt Phantom 820,Logitech G710+(Keyboard),G502(Mouse).

erix_jansen
Level 7
Should be a sticky, in Asus Software Thread

And for some very green users, the "Restart Windows in Safe mode" might need extra help as nowadays it is hardly used. Maybe 😉

All in all a SUPER JOB Chino!

SGMRock
Level 9
Chino where do we find the latest Cleaner at. I googled for it and found it for AI Suite II but not sure if this is the same version.
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex 2002 BIOS / Intel i9-7900X / G.Skill TridentZ RBG F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 17-17-17-37
LG 38" 38GL950G-B Ultrawide / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid/ Sound Blaster AE-5
Corsair H115i Pro CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2 / Corsair Arctic White T780 Case

toronto699
Level 13
great stuff Chino, No AI III for my rog G30AB