cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 beeps, 1 long 3 short, wont start

technowarrior
Level 7
I restart my computer from uninstalling things then it wont start. It gives me 4 beeps, 1 long and 3 short, cant go into bios monitors are black. Oh its also a Maximus V formula-Z, and I get Qcodes AE for awhile then it switches to AA. Ive tried multiple things to fix it such as: using one ram stick, switching the sata cable, unplugging everything and running everything one by one still the same result every time. 😞
6 REPLIES 6

Praz
Level 13
1 long and 3 short beeps - No GPU detected.

Praz wrote:
1 long and 3 short beeps - No GPU detected.

That's what I thought so I disconnected it, turned it on beeped (obviously) and reconnected it and it still beeps and cant do anything. The only thing I didn't do was switch it to a different slot should I do that? What do you recommend?

technowarrior
Level 7
Never mind fixed it I changed the slot it was in... Feel kinda dumb not thinking of it... 😛

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nah mate your VGA should work in all the slots. Which slot is not working?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Nah mate your VGA should work in all the slots. Which slot is not working?

The very top one but it's only with that card, I can put my other one in it and it ends being fine

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is odd and quite baffling. Have you manually set the PCIe Gen in bios?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.