cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.8ghz OC / 1866MHZ Ram - Thanks Asus & RoG!

Lilkka
Level 9
Well, To start with i want to thank HiVisMan and 8pack for first helping me to stablize my old 4.2ghz setup and have my computer finally become rock solid that annoyance i had put me off having this PC but since they stepped in and helped fix it, Damn this PC is just awesome. So with some spare time to kill till D3 and my intention was always to really boost this PC in performance, I've been given it ago and with some help from other forum members & HiVis again i've successfully managed to get a sweet OC with CPU & Ram and the performance is fanastic, So overall i want to just thank Asus ! (awesome products and haven't let me down in the 7 year's i've bought them) and thank you RoG as a company for making such a successor of a board and finally stepping the gaming/overclocking market into overdrive (see what i did there :P)

So to share my fun and enjoyment i've been awake all night and most of the day for some overclocking fun so i'll share my pictures

Now to start with i'll show my OC CPU:

Rams were 1600mhz - 9/9/9/24/2, I've OC them to these beautys:

So thank you Asus & RoG, This is my first EVER hands on Bios overclock in my whole life (did some usual old stuff but failed at that) I find these boards simple. Easy, productive, clear and thoughtful options and easy to read what does what and you are not at a loose end of what to change if something goes wrong if you know a little about PCS and this has been a great learning curve for me.

Edit: Off to Tweak my GPU now and see how far i can push that! 😄

Thanks Everyone!!
PC Specs: Intel 2500k - 4.6GHZ (Overclocked) 7 Stepping CPU.
Corsair Vengance 16GB 4GB Kit @ 1600MHZ 9/9/9/24/2 - now overclocked: 1866 9/10/9/27/2- ATI 6850 GFX - (OC 855mhz/1165) -
Maximus Gene Z/Gen 3 3305 BIOS, Voltages: Ram 1.6 - CPU 1.360 / 75% Vdroop. VCCISO 1.1500.
Antec 300 Case - Sata II 5400 RPM 500GB Master HDD.

RoG Member! And Proud!

Lilkka
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nice one Likka I am pleased it has all worked out for you. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Lilkka
Level 9
Thanks, once again thank you for the huge help that was given to stablize the PC to start with.

I'm now litterally just fine tweaking the voltages down so i can really just squeeze the best voltages out of the PC so far hundreds of crash's but i'm getting there 😄

It is just purely amazing how Tech has come in these years and i am a very proud RoG'er 🙂

After i'm finished with these voltages i'll move to my GPU and see what i can pull from that (it's a preoverclocked card anyway so maybe not much but it'll be worth the performance.) Though i do need a new CPU cooler.. this one is straining hard to keep it cool =D
PC Specs: Intel 2500k - 4.6GHZ (Overclocked) 7 Stepping CPU.
Corsair Vengance 16GB 4GB Kit @ 1600MHZ 9/9/9/24/2 - now overclocked: 1866 9/10/9/27/2- ATI 6850 GFX - (OC 855mhz/1165) -
Maximus Gene Z/Gen 3 3305 BIOS, Voltages: Ram 1.6 - CPU 1.360 / 75% Vdroop. VCCISO 1.1500.
Antec 300 Case - Sata II 5400 RPM 500GB Master HDD.

RoG Member! And Proud!

Lilkka

Gnarly
Level 7
Can relate to the time and the hundreds of crashes! 4.6 works great for me stability wise in addition to thermal. It is the most stable 24/7 for me. I read a ton here and elsewhere to really learn offsets and voltages. Took a lot of time but was/is certainly a lot of fun!

Many thanks to ROG!
Rampage IV
Intel 3960 @ 5.1 24/7
32gb G Skill Ripjawas @2400 MHZ (F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD)
Asus HD 7970's x3 (Swiftech Kimodo Water Blocks)
Cosmos II (10 LED Fans w-built in fan controller)
Corsair AX 1200 PSU
Cusrom Water; Chipset/CPU/Cards/ETC
All Votex PWM Fans (German Engineered); Best I have ever used