cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 passes ok with memtest and XMP, guess I need to take it up a notch

Jimbo93
Level 12
Any suggestions on how to proceed with raising the memory frequency beyond xmp 1 3200 mhz? My PC specs are shown in my forum profile.

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2

BigJohnny
Level 13
Your can start by raising the frequency one step at a time but Id raise the Vram as well. You can get away with 1.45-1.5 with that kit but bump it up gradually. Sometimes all the juice in the world wont change where it tops out at. Run AIDA 64 memory benchmark and compare results. Frequency and latency both play a part in the throughput. Sometimes you can get the frequency higher with loosening up the timings and sometimes the frequency wont budge but you can run a lower latency but neither guarantees the end result of what you want and thats better performance. Im running an 8x8GB kit and while I can get the frequency a little higher and latency lower my sweet spot is 3600 CL16 when it comes to performance.

BigJohnny wrote:
Your can start by raising the frequency one step at a time but Id raise the Vram as well. You can get away with 1.45-1.5 with that kit but bump it up gradually. Sometimes all the juice in the world wont change where it tops out at. Run AIDA 64 memory benchmark and compare results. Frequency and latency both play a part in the throughput. Sometimes you can get the frequency higher with loosening up the timings and sometimes the frequency wont budge but you can run a lower latency but neither guarantees the end result of what you want and thats better performance. Im running an 8x8GB kit and while I can get the frequency a little higher and latency lower my sweet spot is 3600 CL16 when it comes to performance.

Cool, thanks. But is it ok if I read that a couple times. lol. Plus after a cup of java. Edit to add: I knew it would get complicated, so this is good info for sure.