cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13900k core voltage offset values

XGZiDeus
Level 9
Straight to the point. What is the optimal core offset for the I9 13900K?
- If there is no specific optimal value, what is the optimal range?

Currently I have set it to -0.0500 and -0.0650. I notice slightly improved thermals. However, I still hit 100 deg C.

My goal is to undervolt to the point where MAX CPU loads do not exceed 90 deg C. I'm using a 280 mm AIO with great airflow. Is this achievable?
15 REPLIES 15

Spot on! -- https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/hardware-build-advice/13900k-4090-on-1000w-psu-and-280-mm-aio/td-p/901...

My thermal headroom is limited by my Z63 280 mm AIO. Already using the kryonaut thermal grizzly, it does wonders. However, this is as far as I can go with my current hardware (contact frame included). I'm throttling and hitting 98-100 deg C when benching for extended periods. 

Although, I am very pleased by how far I am able to push my 13900K using only a 280 mm AIO. I'll be on a lookout for proper hardware upgrades. The goal would be too keep my thermals capping at 75 deg C and hit over 6.5GHz. 

Thanks for your insights, it's appreciated.

CoffeebeanCH
Level 9

Completely missed this, sorry for the late reply. I had the chance to switch boards and did to an Asus Roq Maximum Z790 Hero which has Die Sense reading mechanism. Also got a EK Nucleus Lux 360 AiO and undervolted again (LLC4 AC 0.16, DC 1.08) with a Contact Frame. I could go lower with the AC, but preferred stability. It runs stable even at Prime95, which, I know, is not a must because this level of work is not common for a CPU, so I got a little space there. My Temps peak at 90 at some core, but all in all it is at a low 80 when running the CPU with 253 Watts at 100% Max. The main advantage is that the system is quieter as ever. AiO is running on 60% Fan speed, for this this is incredible. CB Scores at the high 39k, mostly 399xx. never had 40k, but was close everytime.

RCLandroid87
Level 9

Your undervolting WAY tooo little. Especially considering how little cooling you actually have for such a demanding processor.  First, make sure you have the power fully open. For MSI the setting is called, "Water Cooling" but it essentially allows the CPU to use as MUCH power as it wants, I dont know what setting this is for ASUS, but use and enable it. (sounds counter-intuitive I know). But here is why, now go to your voltage offset settings and you need to set it to Adaptive with Offset, or whatever Asus calls this setting. Then change the offset value to (-) "negetive". Now for the value, start with 0.08. Run tests, make sure your stable, if everything is good, move to 0.09, test again. Finally try -0.10. This is my offset, and with this offset and the CPU able to use adaptive power up to unlimited amounts, it will still only pull ~ 260'ish watts MAX even in C23 with AVX instruction. Additionally, your CPU should only be drawing about 1.3 volts MAX as well. With any luck and through the aid of a hopefully properly mounted AIO and decent flow rate, you should see temps MAX OUT around 92-94 degrees like my system (just built one for a friend). It sounds ridiculous allowing the system to draw unlimited power, and having your voltage set to auto/adaptive and then throwing on a negative offset that high, but don't ask me why, it just works. 

Hey, undervolting with just an offset is not up-to-date anymore because the CPU can calculate the voltage out of the LLC, AC and DC, which is way more accurate. I am not an expert in water cooling but considering reviews and tests the nucleus is the most power 360 AiO out there, so I think my cooling should be okay 🙂 Further, 253 Watts is the limit intel is recommending, so I will stick with that. But in the end it is all about trying and getting the best out of the system. You got nice temps as well!

Hey guys,

I have the 12700k on a 560mm radiator,  I don't bother with these tests because I know temps will be high.

Focus more on daily use and gaming temps, you can have a nice overclock without those high temps.

oconoc
Level 7

13900kf here with ROG STRIX Z790-A gaming wifi and cant seem to stop the power limit throttle issue.

Running a Thermalright frozon magic 360 AIO as well as the contact frame, temps hit 93c running CB23 on 30 minute runs.. it will throttle down to 5.5ghz and stick there.