cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10850k @5.1Ghz flapping down to avx offset

morph_
Level 11
Coming from a 8700k the overclocking was a bit different this time round.

I've got an Asus Maximus formula XII motherboard with a 10850k @5.1 & 1.323vcore with LLC7 AVX offset 1.

Been pretty good to use, however, I've noticed it constantly fluctuating down to my AVX offset value of either 5.0 or 4.9.

When I run 3dmark and it seems to hold the OC fine: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/51086381

I'm doubtful cpuz/hwinfo being buggy? Why does my multiplier keeps jumping back down constantly back and forth to my negative offset value?

I've disabled intel Speedstep/shift/c-states etc...

My desktop applications are pretty basic. Surely no AVX applications are running causing this or is there? By process of elimination, I've also mostly closed any applications I can to see if this stops but I haven't seen it stop yet... What am I missing? I feel as though w10 is running some random native avx instruction sets causing this? I must say I never noticed it with my 8700k.
1 REPLY 1

ROG-Z490H-User
Level 8
It's the same thing on my ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING with an i-10700K.
It may be some windows or 3. party driver service. Those ASUS audio drivers (Nahimic) may be the reason. Those are also blocking my higher Turbo Levels, they always produce a tiny little load only visible on high frequency process analysizers.