cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z97i PLUS Freeze before Post (+G3258)

corsa_corta
Level 7
Dear ROG Masters and Forumers!

I would like to ask for your advices/help regarding issues with my new built system. Thank you in advance!

System:
ASUS Z97I PLUS
Intel Pentium G3258
G.SKILL Ares 16Gb (2x8) 2400Mhz CL11
ASUS Radeon HD 7950 DCII
Chieftech CTG-550C
Kingston Fury SSD 120 Gb
Alphacool Eisberg 240 (aio cooling)

Story:
I assembled all the parts without problems. Installed Win10 (from USB) without any issue (stock bios, no drivers installed, non OC), few restarts, basic WIN setup and basic SYS.REC. made. Than changed my mind to Win8.1 (usb).
Power off, reenable USB boot, plugged the stick, power on than no POST, freeze (go to symptoms).

Symptoms:
(factory bios 0408) Green Led (power) on -> Power on -> red led blink 1x -> 1 short speaker beep -> video signal -> Asus logo (F2/DEL for BIOS) 1-2 sec -> still video signal, black screen freeze, no restart, keyboard (usb) active, coolers running normaly

Tried Solutions (with no luck):
- BIOS flashback: with USB + reset 3 sec + almost all version of Official ASUS BIOS from the support page (renamed). Same symptoms like with stock BIOS only "ASUS logo time" changing.
- RAM changes: G.SKILL 2400Mhz RAM dual (2x8)-> G.SKILL 2400Mhz RAM single (1x8) , DIMM A1 or DIMM B1 -> Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8Gb (1x8), both DIMMs -> Kingston HyperX Blu 2Gb 1x2, both DIMMs -> Corsair Vengeance 2Gb (1x2), both DIMMs /all RAMs DDR3 1600Mhz, except G.SKILL/
- PSU changed: Chieftec CTG 550C -> Corsair CX600
- Dissambleing in various way: flashback only CPU+PSU, boot w/o RAM/VGA/HDD/SSD and different combinations of the previous parts, full dissambe, running out of case, with AIO water cooler and stock INTEL cooler
- CLR_CMOS: clearing with jumper, clearing with battery out, battery out + jumper clear
- MemOk!:: tried w/o success
- No sign of physical damage on the mobo/cpu

- Feel free to ask for additional informations!

The machine needs to be done in the next couple days so I'm low on time, fast response would be appriciated. My English skill is lvl -99, sorry.

Any Ideas, because I'm all out...??? Thanks again!!!!!

King Regards,
Corsa_Corta
1 REPLY 1

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Based on the info you provided and you've tested with other parts, it looks like a defective board to me.