cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z97 Impact Sound Options

sexpot_re
Level 7
I'm looking to build a new mITX computer and need help with setting up the sound. The board I'm looking to use is the Asus z97 Impact. What I want to do is plug my 2.1 speakers to onboard sound and my AKG Q701's to a dedicated headphone amp both at the same time. I was thinking of the Schiit Magni but my concern is whether I can toggle between headphone amp or 2.1 speakers in windows.

I currently run a mATX build which has a dedicated sound card, Sound Blaster Z, and it fully handles what I want. I have my headphones plugged into the dedicated headphone jack and speakers into the regular sound jacks. Sound Blaster's software lets me toggle between headphones or speakers in windows, thus no need to manually pull out plugs.

Question - Can I do what I currently do with the Sound Blaster Z in a mITX platform? If so, would my assumption above work with the Schiit Magni? If not, how do I replicate my current sound setup!

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Nate152
Hello sexpot.re and welcome

You should be able to toggle between the two by right clicking on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen. Click playback devices and there you can select which ones you want to use.