cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z97 Deluxe - IPV4 MAC address changed to 88-88-88-88-87-88 after CMOS chip replace

mkanet
Level 7
I replaced the CMOS chip on my Asus Z97 Deluxe motherboard; which resolved the problem I had. However, I noticed now the IPV4 MAC address is changed to 88-88-88-88-87-88.

I reported this issue to ASUS tech support; however, the tech support person seemed to never head of this kind of issue before.

Could someone PLEASE let me know which of the tools are compatible with my motherboard, if any? I just need some guidance to resolve this issue. I'm sure I'm not the first person in the world to have this issue. Any helpful information to resolve this would greatly be appreciated. I just dont want to screw anything up.

https://github.com/LongSoft

UEFITool 116 - UEFI firmware image viewer and editor
PMPatch 34 - Utility to patch UEFI BIOS PowerManagement module to be compatible with MacOS X SpeedStep implementation
FD44Editor 9 - Utility to edit ASUS BIOS image files
FD44Copier 7 - Utility to copy BIOS data from one ASUS BIOS image file to another
AddrInfo 2 - Utility to find addresses of different data structures in ASUS BIOS image files and to store them in INI-formated file
0 REPLIES 0