cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z97 and TPM support

markzolotoy
Level 7
I have a Z97-A motherboard and I just updated the BIOS, still dont see a TPM support. Is it possible to upgrade my MB to have it?

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

mkanet2
Level 7
markzolotoy wrote:
I have a Z97-A motherboard and I just updated the BIOS, still dont see a TPM support. Is it possible to upgrade my MB to have it?

Thanks

I own a Z97 Deluxe with a Intel Core i7-4790K CPU. Even if somehow we managed to get TPM 1.2 installed and running with Windows 11, I heard there would be a significant performance hit just to enable these security features on a Z97 motherboard. I still plan on upgrading my video card to get at least 3 more years of gaming on my rig... I guess it looks like I'll be sticking with Windows 10... unless I can install Windows 11 without any TPM at all.

I bought Supermicro's TPM AOM-TPM-9665V-C, successfully downgraded TPM 2.0 to TPM 1.2 on Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1 motherboard BIOS 3503.
On Supermicro site https://www.supermicro.com/wdl/driver/TPM/, I downloaded 9665FW update package_1.5.zip, extracted all the files.
I ran this under command as administrator so I could find the current firmware version:
.\TPMFactoryUpd.exe -info
Then I ran this under command as administrator to downgrade current 2.0 firmware to 1.2 firmware:
.\TPMFactoryUpd.exe -update tpm20-emptyplatformauth -firmware TPM20_5.62.3126.0_to_TPM12_4.43.258.0.BIN
Updated successfully to TPM 1.2 and Windows 10 was able to see and use it (unlike original TPM 2.0 that Windows couldn't see/activate).

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
Well it is Jan 2022 and I just bought a refurbished 2014 Prime Z97-A/USB3.1 and it had 2014 original bios installed.
Updating to 3503 made a nice difference. I cannot find a paper manual, only PDF versions. I am very interested in
still using the latest supported version of Win 10 Pro until such a time as I can upgrade the entire system.

I tried looking up the history on the MB I bought refurbished right at the Asus Factory and everything
seems to work great but I am having a problem OC'ing it like I used to in bios with the old Maximus Formula VII
that this MB replaced. Happy New Year