cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z77 to z99 upgrade AI Suite Issue.

Naveronasis
Level 7
*CORRECTION* z77 sabertooth to x99 sabertooth. Its late give me a break

Okay so this is going to be a very unique problem.

I had a z77 3770k installed, Board died, updated system to x99 5930k. Cool, everything went fine....

Surprisingly, windows 7 even booted without needing reinstalled, and after drivers everything is running great XD. Okay again, fine.

AI suite, not so much, it half installed over 2 half failed, without telling me it failed... which left suite 2 loading suite 3 modules and it was just awful.

So I tried to uninstall... And this is where your like "oh yeah you need to use the cleaner and etc. Well just stop right there. I uninstalled 3 from control panel, tried to uninstall 2 but got "uncompatable with this system" instead. So I went safe mode, manually removed all folders, ran both cleaners. Then tried to remove it from the installed programs list... No luck. So then i used patch-my-pc to pull it out of the installed programs.

Now when I go to install AI 3, nothing happens, the setup launches in the background and nothing happens. Ever. Cant launch it in safe mode either because safe-mode is incompatible.

So whatever the cleaner did, isn't cleaning hard enough. Now I cant use any suite features at all. 😞 I would really like to set up my fan controller without having to go into the bios.
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello Naveronasis

Welcome to the ROG forum !

When upgrading to a new motherboard it's recommended to reinstall windows and the proper chipset drivers.

Reinstall windows and your problems should disappear.

Praz
Level 13
Hello. As Nate has written perform a fresh install of the operating system. For the rare case where is is not possible there is software that allows installing to dissimilar hardware.

Praz wrote:
Hello. As Nate has written perform a fresh install of the operating system. For the rare case where is is not possible there is software that allows installing to dissimilar hardware.

This would be one of those cases, there's a TON of server stuff I would rather not set up again. I dont need to install TO a different hardware, I just need to UNINSTALL.

(skip this if you don't feel like being confused)
Granted this particular program was checking if I had the proper hardware to uninstall... so if your not confused enough, already maby something to install to a different hardware can help me uninstall from a different harware...

But, right now the program is "uninstalled" to the best of the ability of uninstallers/ccleaner/system file checker/manual folder removal/asus cleaner tool.

I guess what im asking for, is some kind of nuke option that does not nuke my SQL DB 😛 and preferably does not involve nuking windows.

Naveronasis
Level 7
Okay I fixed it........... sorta.

Okay I don't know what worked here but... this is all the stuff I did starting from where I got into trouble:

1: Install z77 install AI2 (years ago)
2: remove z77 replace with x99
3: boot windows.
4: instAll all drivers from disc
5: instAll all utilties from disc (actually I skipped the like freeware winzip etc.)
6: try to run AI3 got AI2 instead but it was all corrupted cause it was trying to read AI 3 modules.
7: uninstall AI2 only to get "System is not compatable"
8: Uninstall AI3
9: download new ai3 from Asus, Install
10: still only have corrupted AI2
11: Uninstall AI3
12: run AI3 Cleaner
13: safemode uninstall AI2: nothing.
14: run AI cleaner 2 anyway, didnt seem to do anything.
15: AI 2 and 3 are still in programs/startmenu and files still on disk
16: reboot and run AI3, got AI2 all corrupted.
17: reboot safemode remove all files and folders
18: run both cleaners nothing seems to happen
19: tried to install in safe mode, got DLL error.
20: reboot normal and installed again, setup opened but hidden in task manager.
21: shut down the task and checked in programs and features, still listed.
22: used patchmypc to nuke the install entry
23: used ccleaner to nuke everything else.
24: reboot safe, ran both cleaners from asus and ccleaner again.
25: reboot normal tried to install. same setup hang.
26: out of good ideas i tried this a few times.
27: backed up the registry and removed every asus entry on the computer period.
28: tried again, still no load from setup.exe.
29: restored bios just in case.
30: ran ccleaner again.
31: used microsoft fix it tool to uninstall everything related to the mother board along with side programs etc. Since it found a few.
32: double checked the disc for all install-able software to make sure it was all removed. (did not remove drivers from device manager though~!)
33: ran ccleaner
34: tried to install, setup hang.
35: reboot, tried to install from disc instead.... it installed 2 items (AI Suite 3 and asus boot settings)
36: it rebooted on its own twice.......... nothing happened. AI suite was nowhere to be found.
*I was at the keyboard but just surfing the internet and taking calls at work for about 2 hours, the computer more or less idleing...
37: it popped up a AI suite installer window for all the AI suite 3 modules out of thin air... So I let it run, no idea where it was running from. . .
38: it worked. vOv

I have no idea... the computer gods have apparently decided to perform a miracle.